| FTBL Alabama Football Moments That Made Us Cry Tears of Joy

We were sitting between the 5 and 10 yard line during that 2005 UT game. The year our offense sucked so bad after Prothro when down. Awesome play. But what happened next was just a surprising. Didn’t we throw basically a Hail Mary to DJ Hall to get us in FG range? Felt like we doubled our offensive production for the game on one play. One of the more frustrating wins I’ve been too. Ole Miss that year also a frustrating win.

Yes. There's a poor quality recording on YouTube of Rocky Stop, and then the last drive and FG. The commentators were noting that Croyle had been given no time all day, and had been sacked five times. The OL must've been listening, because they picked up the next blitz and Croyle threw a great deep ball to Hall, perhaps 35 yards or so.

We were sitting between the 5 and 10 yard line during that 2005 UT game. The year our offense sucked so bad after Prothro when down. Awesome play. But what happened next was just a surprising. Didn’t we throw basically a Hail Mary to DJ Hall to get us in FG range? Felt like we doubled our offensive production for the game on one play. One of the more frustrating wins I’ve been too. Ole Miss that year also a frustrating win.
And major offensive PI by hall. No call. No foul

Can’t remember the year but we were playing Tennessee and their player was going in for a T.D. To win the game and I believe it was one of the Castille boys that hit that player causing a fumble out of bounds or the end zone to help BAMA pull it out.

2004, I think?

And it may have actually been Demeco Ryans for the hit?

I do remember it resulting in a game-saving touchback though.

2004, I think?

And it may have actually been Demeco Ryans for the hit?

I do remember it resulting in a game-saving touchback though.
Roman Harper and I think 2005. I had season tickets during those years and was down on that end of the field where the play occured. Dang ball rolled for about 20 yards through the endzone. Crazy play because it popped out in forward from where Harper came from. Like a sling shot.

On the topic of the thread, I guess I have never cried over a game, been emotional for sure and usually either really mad or happy. Probably the Smitty catch to win the Natty is one freshest on my mind but there are so many. The Rocky block I was so pissed that we were that position and about to lose to the Viles and let them ruin our season. So that one was up there just nothing like NC games like Smitty's catch or the goal line stand.

Two that were extremely satisfying for different reasons was the 36-0 win over the Barn to emphatically put an end to the Barn's win streak (dark days) and the other was the 2012 Natty against ND. Excericised a lot of domer deamons from growing up in the 70's and those very dissapointing losses to the domers.

Roman Harper and I think 2005. I had season tickets during those years and was down on that end of the field where the play occured. Dang ball rolled for about 20 yards through the endzone. Crazy play because it popped out in forward from where Harper came from. Like a sling shot.

On the topic of the thread, I guess I have never cried over a game, been emotional for sure and usually either really mad or happy. Probably the Smitty catch to win the Natty is one freshest on my mind but there are so many. The Rocky block I was so pissed that we were that position and about to lose to the Viles and let them ruin our season. So that one was up there just nothing like NC games like Smitty's catch or the goal line stand.

Two that were extremely satisfying for different reasons was the 36-0 win over the Barn to emphatically put an end to the Barn's win streak (dark days) and the other was the 2012 Natty against ND. Excericised a lot of domer deamons from growing up in the 70's and those very dissapointing losses to the domers.
The 2009 vols game...standing....watching their FG team come on field...vols fans going crazy..
That sick feeling...had game won and ingram fumbled ball....gave them the shot...
And then they complete pass inside bama 30...TO... and standing and dreading listening to those orange pukes......

Like yesterday...so...it...seems...

The comeback Tie and eventual victory in 4 OT in the 2021 IB. Tears of Joy for Bama, tears of defeat for the *u tiggers.:D How sweet it was! Especially after trailing for most of the game until :24 left in the 4th. WOW!

Roll Tide!

Tim, I was in a similar situation that day. My best friend from childhood got married that day. (Never marry a barner).

They did move the wedding up to noon in order for us to make the kick off and watch the game. They counted and said that I looked at my watch 37 times in the 20 minute ceremony. I told him, that is what happens when your priorities are out of whack.

Tim, I was in a similar situation that day. My best friend from childhood got married that day. (Never marry a barner).

They did move the wedding up to noon in order for us to make the kick off and watch the game. They counted and said that I looked at my watch 37 times in the 20 minute ceremony. I told him, that is what happens when your priorities are iN whack.

Our thoughts...dont die...dont get married...and dont have a baby in fall...
9 other fricking months...
Of. Course...both mom n dad died week before Tennessee game...friend got married the sat of Tennessee game...and ms50+ decided to have a fricking baby in the fall...
Nobody listens

Our thoughts...dont die...dont get married...and dont have a baby in fall...
9 other fricking months...
Of. Course...both mom n dad died week before Tennessee game...friend got married the sat of Tennessee game...and ms50+ decided to have a fricking baby in the fall...
Nobody listens
Sister in Law got married in the fall of 2006 during Alabama vs Miss State. We lost like 24 to 16….I kidded her about the marriage being doomed, she was in the MDB back in ‘92, what was she thinking? I don’t think it lasted a year.

They did move the wedding up to noon in order for us to make the kick off and watch the game. They counted and said that I looked at my watch 37 times in the 20 minute ceremony. I told him, that is what happens when your priorities are out of whack.
My sorry sister just planned my nephew's birthday at noon on September 10th. I'm 50/50 on whether I go.

This play will forever bring a slight tear to my eyes. He’s a good humble guy. And after all he had given us through the years. Injuries and all. We’re good friends too but that’s different lol.

Love Drake. Was so pumped when he committed. He grew up about twenty minutes from where my wife and I bought our first house. Big Dawg territory. We met his famiky outside of Target in line for Black Friday of all things. Saw their Alabama shirts and immediately started talking. Good folks. I'm 100% in agreement with you about that return and the culmination of it all for him. Huge emotions on that one.

My sorry sister just planned my nephew's birthday at noon on September 10th. I'm 50/50 on whether I go.
Lol....i catch hell about missing great gran sons BD every year....because...they always plan it for....Tennessee weekend...on that Saturday!

You helped me last year giving me those tickets for a later game ....so i could take him!...( and take him camping.....).he was ok with that....lol

Back
Top Bottom