| FTBL Alabama Football Moments That Made Us Cry Tears of Joy

I do believe that was the first time 'Bama had a come from behind victory in 21st century.

That was a big monkey off our back with the right coach.
I'll bet everything I have it was the first time, ever, Bama gave up 21 point leads—leads, as in two—and won the ball game. And that wasn't the only weird thing about that game.

Both teams with identical total yards? Has that ever happened before? On top of that, both with three turnovers. A three point differential in a game where there was only a difference of two in first downs.

Can’t remember the year but we were playing Tennessee and their player was going in for a T.D. To win the game and I believe it was one of the Castille boys that hit that player causing a fumble out of bounds or the end zone to help BAMA pull it out.

1986 Notre Dame.
Yep.... "The Sack"... I was there, (Didn't park over on Graymont either). :p
Side note: That should have been our ball, it was a fumble. By todays rules it would have been reviewed, called a fumble, ball given back to ND due to Bennett being called for targeting and being ejected from the game....would taken them about 3 hours to come to the conclusion. :laugh:

Roman Harper. I believe it was 2005.Won the game on a Christensen (sp) field goal.
Bittersweet day for me. My middle son was playing fullback on his team (they ran the Wing-T), he had a game that day so I watched Rocky Stop on TV instead of live, then went to his game. We were driving to win, and my boy broke off a great run, but had the ball punched out on the two and - you guessed it - fumbled it through the end zone.

I was 1-1 with the football gods that day.

RTR,

Tim

We were sitting between the 5 and 10 yard line during that 2005 UT game. The year our offense sucked so bad after Prothro when down. Awesome play. But what happened next was just a surprising. Didn’t we throw basically a Hail Mary to DJ Hall to get us in FG range? Felt like we doubled our offensive production for the game on one play. One of the more frustrating wins I’ve been too. Ole Miss that year also a frustrating win.

Back
Top Bottom