| BSB/SB šŸ„Ž Alabama Falls in Sunday Slugfest as Tennessee Takes Weekend Series

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. ā€“ Alabama softball evened the weekend series and snapped Tennessee's 20-game win streak with a 4-2 win over the Lady Vols on Saturday.

Alabama (24-9, 2-3 SEC) took the first lead with a solo home run from Kali Heivilin in the top of the first before Tennessee (25-2, 7-1 SEC) responded with two in the home half of the inning to take a 2-1 lead. The Crimson Tide brought seven batters to the plate in the top of the third, scoring a pair of runs to retake the lead, 3-2. A two-out RBI single from Jenna Johnson in the top of the sixth made it a two-run game, which proved enough as Alex Salter (5-1) and the Alabama defense shut down the Lady Vols the rest of the way.

Salter threw a complete game in the circle, earning her first career SEC win while holding the league-leading Lady Vols to just two runs on five hits. Emma Broadfoot and Jenna Johnson each had two hits, including a sixth-inning RBI single from Johnson who also had the diving catch in foul territory to end the game. Heivilin drove in two of the Tide's four runs with the solo home run and an RBI groundout.

Highlights​

• The win was Alabama's first against a top-five ranked team since beating UCLA at the 2021 Women's College World Series (June 4, 2021) and its first in SEC play since April 18, 2021 against then-No. 4 vs. Florida
  • It also snaps Tennessee's 20-game win streak and is the most runs the Lady Vols have given up since their only other loss this season, a 5-4 loss against Cal State Fullerton on Feb. 18
  • The eight hits from Alabama are also tied for the most hits allowed this season by Tennessee
  • The win is Alex Salter's first career SEC win

Didn't see a single pitch, so not gonna comment on it. Going in, my hope was they could win 1 of the 3.
Good call here. Personally I've lost pretty much all confidence of them to win against mediocre high to high quality teams, especially on the road. Salter pitched a good game and they put up runs when they needed them. Any win against everything Orange is a good day. :D

That is pretty sad.... Nice win yesterday however... Who on here believes they will win today?
Good win yesterday...leaning more towards a run rule loss today...they gonna have too prove me wrong from this point on this year...Crow taste like chicken, I'll gladly take a double serving if they turn it around this year.:)

Back
Top Bottom