| BSB/SB ðŸ¥Ž Alabama Drops Series Finale to Arkansas in Extra Innings, 2-1

UA Press Release

Official News Releases
Staff

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – Alabama softball begins Southeastern Conference play this weekend at home, hosting Arkansas for a three-game series starting Saturday, March 18. All three games will be broadcasted live on the SEC Network.

This Week: #16/13 Alabama vs. #9/12 Arkansas​

Esman is in now, not quite sure why she didn't start? Anyway, Bama is making some noise in the bottom of the 3rd, 2 on, 1 out, 1 already in. A baserunning error by Bama cost them an out though and likely a bases loaded, no outs opportunity.

Bama had bases loaded earlier and the same thing happened. Going to be a long season with many losses.

I think if Esman starts, they probably win the game... maybe not, but I like their chances with how things played out (assuming she's not on some pitch count or something right now). Even though the bases were loaded, I thought Murphy was going to have Jenna Johnson lay down a squeeze with that 2-1 count in the 7th... It all went to shit after that pitch she fouled off.

I think if Esman starts, they probably win the game... maybe not, but I like their chances with how things played out (assuming she's not on some pitch count or something right now). Even though the bases were loaded, I thought Murphy was going to have Jenna Johnson lay down a squeeze with that 2-1 count in the 7th... It all went to shit after that pitch she fouled off.
Also remember in 2 back to back innings he send runners home that didn’t have a prayer of being safe. I believe in being aggressive but those 2 calls just show desperation.

As a travel ball coach, when I am worried about run production I tend to be way more aggressive on the bases than when we are hitting well. It is rare to out-hit a team 8-3 in big girl softball and lose the game but we managed to do that yesterday. Hoping to win the rubber match tonight!

Also remember in 2 back to back innings he send runners home that didn’t have a prayer of being safe. I believe in being aggressive but those 2 calls just show desperation.

I missed that particular inning, but I saw the first out at the plate. He's always been pretty aggressive sending runners... but (as I'm sure you're well aware) a lot of that (should anyway) comes down to scouting and how well the outfielders throw, or even who is coming up to bat next. But he's definitely a green light coach... heard him say before that the pressure is on them to make the play, throw, and tag... I think sometimes he just rolls the dice.

As a travel ball coach, when I am worried about run production I tend to be way more aggressive on the bases than when we are hitting well. It is rare to out-hit a team 8-3 in big girl softball and lose the game but we managed to do that yesterday. Hoping to win the rubber match tonight!

The outs on the bases and those early free bases to the Hogs were killers. I'm not sure a sweep was very realistic, so I'd be happy with 2 of 3, but yeah... feels like Bama sort of gave that one away yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom