| BSB/SB šŸ„Ž Alabama Drops Series Finale to Arkansas in Extra Innings, 2-1

A couple of takeaways for a little perspective, granted I always try to be optimistic.

We were 2 hits away from sweeping the defending SEC champions to open SEC play. I know Arkansas lost several starters from last year's team but we did face the 2022 SEC pitcher of the year in all 3 games this series. Fouts pitched amazing in both games she threw and if we reduce our walks in game 2 we give ourselves a shot there.

I would have loved to see a suicide squeeze with the bases loaded and 2 outs in the 7th (I think it was the 7th. We had bases loaded so many times I forget which inning it was) with Kristen White up in a tie ball game. We had speed at 3rd and obviously at the plate so I was calling for that at the time but hindsight is always 20/20.

Next weekend will be extremely tough at Tennessee but you never know.

A couple of takeaways for a little perspective, granted I always try to be optimistic.

We were 2 hits away from sweeping the defending SEC champions to open SEC play. I know Arkansas lost several starters from last year's team but we did face the 2022 SEC pitcher of the year in all 3 games this series. Fouts pitched amazing in both games she threw and if we reduce our walks in game 2 we give ourselves a shot there.

I would have loved to see a suicide squeeze with the bases loaded and 2 outs in the 7th (I think it was the 7th. We had bases loaded so many times I forget which inning it was) with Kristen White up in a tie ball game. We had speed at 3rd and obviously at the plate so I was calling for that at the time but hindsight is always 20/20.

Next weekend will be extremely tough at Tennessee but you never know.
All of this sounds good. Problem is this Alabama teamā€™s offensive production is at an all time low. What we are seeing now has been in the makings for the past 2-3 years. Squeeze plays and power hitting no longer exist. Not to mention that this Arkansas series resulted in Alabama leaving 31 RISP. Fouts is the only thing this team has. Sheā€™s doing the best she can but has no offensive help.

Back
Top Bottom