| CURRENT EVENTS Alabama driver Licence renewing them? Last time you renew them?

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
I had to get my Bama licence renew yesterday. You all know it something we have to do every four years. What I would like to know is when was the last time anyone from Bama renew them? Like I said I did yesterday and it the first time I had to remove my glasses. It a new law I guess,because you can't have bangs in your eyes either. Your beard has to be clean and not rough like I always worn it, when I had my beard. My photo on my new licence doesn't even look like me now.

the last time i renewed mine i didn't have to remove my glasses. but that was a couple years ago.

i did have to redo my signature because the lady said it was not legible. i told her that was how i signed everything and she said i had to do it again because no one could read it.

now, if anyone looks at my signature on anything else i sign then at the "signature" on my license, they won't match.

Jeeze, sounds like a bunch of BS.

Here in Texas they are valid for 6 years, expire on your birthday. Every other renewal (every 12 years) you have to go into office to get an updated photo. Once you're over 80 something you have to renew every couple of years.

i was talking with my neighbor about the new "star" id when i got my license renewed last time. funnily enough, there was only one place within 50+ miles of me that was doing them. and i was about to drive that far just for a special id that i'd get no more use out of vs. a standard license. i hardly travel anywhere. and when i do, it's usually just down to the beach and i never leave the state.

plus, they were charging more for them and i wasn't about to pay more, either.

I could also had my VA put on the licence, but had to have my DD 214 to show them. But I was also ask about voting, and also being a donor. I didn't ask about the STAR.

Done mine online and didn't have to deal with the courthouse crew.

had no idea you could do this, now.

we've done our tags online for a number of years. but licenses? sign me up for that. i HATE going down to the courthouse and sitting there for over an hour to fill out one form, have my picture taken, sign something, then leave.....wait over an hour for something that takes less than 5 minutes? yep, that's your government at work, lol.

had no idea you could do this, now.

we've done our tags online for a number of years. but licenses? sign me up for that.

Yeah, I agree. I was so glad to find that out myself. A word of warning @sk33tr, be sure you're at the REAL DMV website. Both times I did a google search for "renewing Alabama driver license" the first site that it shows was not the real State of Alabama DMV. Not trying to insult your intelligence by saying that but you gotta be careful.

Yeah, I agree. I was so glad to find that out myself. A word of warning @sk33tr, be sure you're at the REAL DMV website. Both times I did a google search for "renewing Alabama driver license" the first site that it shows was not the real State of Alabama DMV. Not trying to insult your intelligence by saying that but you gotta be careful.

now worries. thanks for the heads up.

Back
Top Bottom