| NEWS Alabama begins 2021 as No. 1 in the coaches poll for the first time since 2018:

The full coaches poll:

1. Alabama

2. Clemson

3. Oklahoma

4. Ohio State

5. Georgia

6. Texas A&M

7. Notre Dame

8. Iowa State

9. North Carolina

10. Cincinnati

11. Florida

12. Oregon

13. LSU

14. USC

15. Wisconsin

16. Miami

17. Indiana

18. Iowa

19. Texas

20. Penn State

21. Washington

22. Oklahoma State

23. UL-Lafayette

24. Coastal Carolina

25. Ole Miss

The full coaches poll:

1. Alabama

2. Clemson

3. Oklahoma

4. Ohio State

5. Georgia

6. Texas A&M

7. Notre Dame

8. Iowa State

9. North Carolina

10. Cincinnati

11. Florida

12. Oregon

13. LSU

14. USC

15. Wisconsin

16. Miami

17. Indiana

18. Iowa

19. Texas

20. Penn State

21. Washington

22. Oklahoma State

23. UL-Lafayette

24. Coastal Carolina

25. Ole Miss

Fixed.

Regardless of season...#1 again ...sometimes....in.....every year since 2008...
Coaches or AP

probably a record we wont see broke....
For some reason Bama has always faired better when not holding the top spot going into the season. In fact, in this unbelievable run with Saban, the Tide has never run the table as Number 1 preseason through postseason? They started out as the top team in 2017, lost a game and the ranking with it then regained the top spot later but they’ve never completed the cycle as Number 1. I would love to see it happen at least once … why not this season?

For some reason Bama has always faired better when not holding the top spot going into the season. In fact, in this unbelievable run with Saban, the Tide has never run the table as Number 1 preseason through postseason? They started out as the top team in 2017, lost a game and the ranking with it then regained the top spot later but they’ve never completed the cycle as Number 1. I would love to see it happen at least once … why not this season?
I am sure I could google this but has anyone done it in the modern era at least?

Back
Top Bottom