| MBB/WBB Alabama Basketball to Honor Cameron Luke “Fluffopotamus” Ratliff on Opening Night

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – Alabama basketball will honor Cameron Luke Ratliff in between the season-opening doubleheader on Tuesday, Nov. 9 at approximately 7:40 p.m. CT. Ratliff, affectionately known as "Fluffopotamus" or "Fluff," was an active student leader and president of Crimson Chaos, who passed away on Friday, April 2, 2021 at the age of 23.

The Wadesboro, N.C. native often stood out in the crowd of fans with his trademark plaid jacket and positive contributions to the game-day experience at Alabama sporting events. As an unofficial member of the men's basketball team, Ratliff attended every game during the 2020-21 season and all but one in a 45-game span.

The recognition will pay tribute to Ratliff and will conclude with the presentation of a plaid jacket to the new Crimson Chaos president, a tradition that will continue to take place in Ratliff's honor.

I'm not knocking Bryan's suggestion here. I know it'll mean the world to his family. (I wonder if his mother and family will make it down to Tuscaloosa?)

If I were in town, I'd be there. One issue. Am I the only one who looks at their closet and realizes they don't own a single thing that's plaid?

Back
Top Bottom