| FTBL Ain't it Great!

Kanjweld

Verified Member
Wow - I am getting armageddon from LSWho folks - in the forum, at work, hundreds of e-mails, etc. I have even checked out Tigerdroppings (their site is named after dung???). It's amazing, LSWho is treating this as if it is the NC game! Yes, I know that they really don't understand what that feels like but I am having a blast! Some of the pictures they did (see another post) are hilarious and some totally tasteless. Was LSWho around during the Bear years? Oh Yeah, they were around but nobody knew who they were. They only came to prominence during the Saban years. During Paul Bryant's era, UA posted a 16-4 (.800) mark against LSU, which included a five-game winning streak (1964-68) and an 11-game winning streak (1971-81) (and 15 games, over 25 years, we did not lose in the supposed death valley).
I am still on my feel good high from the Viles game and am glad we get the extra week to enjoy it but the next 10 days are going to make the LSWho people crazy - so much so that the let down if we win will be even more fun! Yes, I did say IF we win. I am realistic and hopeful both. If we can play another complete game - I think we win. If not, I will pray we do so during the Iron Bowl. So let LSWho keep up the trash talk .... after all, they've had that opportunity such a few times in history. Bring it on WHoville, Bring it on!

Kanjweld said:
Wow - I am getting armageddon from LSWho folks - in the forum, at work, hundreds of e-mails, etc...
...So let LSWho keep up the trash talk...

whenever i hear or read about lsu fans talking trash, i just turn the other cheek. i never talk trash and just laugh when other fans do it.

in my opinion it's childish and trivial; not to mention a really non-classy thing to do.

trust me, ignore them and they'll go away.

skeeter_jones said:
Kanjweld said:
Wow - I am getting armageddon from LSWho folks - in the forum, at work, hundreds of e-mails, etc...
...So let LSWho keep up the trash talk...

whenever i hear or read about lsu fans talking trash, i just turn the other cheek. i never talk trash and just laugh when other fans do it.

in my opinion it's childish and trivial; not to mention a really non-classy thing to do.

trust me, ignore them and they'll go away.

I'm with you skeeter. ;tr

Kanjweld said:
Wow - I am getting armageddon from LSWho folks - in the forum, at work, hundreds of e-mails, etc. I have even checked out Tigerdroppings (their site is named after dung???). It's amazing, LSWho is treating this as if it is the NC game! Yes, I know that they really don't understand what that feels like but I am having a blast! Some of the pictures they did (see another post) are hilarious and some totally tasteless. Was LSWho around during the Bear years? Oh Yeah, they were around but nobody knew who they were. They only came to prominence during the Saban years. During Paul Bryant's era, UA posted a 16-4 (.800) mark against LSU, which included a five-game winning streak (1964-68) and an 11-game winning streak (1971-81) (and 15 games, over 25 years, we did not lose in the supposed death valley).
I am still on my feel good high from the Viles game and am glad we get the extra week to enjoy it but the next 10 days are going to make the LSWho people crazy - so much so that the let down if we win will be even more fun! Yes, I did say IF we win. I am realistic and hopeful both. If we can play another complete game - I think we win. If not, I will pray we do so during the Iron Bowl. So let LSWho keep up the trash talk .... after all, they've had that opportunity such a few times in history. Bring it on WHoville, Bring it on!

don't take this the wrong way, but who freaking cares about the past. Everytime some team starts talking about NC's, some bama fans have to bring up the 12 national championship games and bear bryant. granted, these were some great years, but really, this was a LONG time ago.

Lets get into the present/future and stop dragging up the past. I know some of you fans will disagree with me on this, but jeeze. we talk about the class that we have...I hate to say it, but talking about past doesn't really show alot of class. It comes of as our way to measure up to current programs.

sorry for rambling.

don't take this the wrong way, but who freaking cares about the past. Everytime some team starts talking about NC's, some bama fans have to bring up the 12 national championship games and bear bryant. granted, these were some great years, but really, this was a LONG time ago.

Lets get into the present/future and stop dragging up the past. I know some of you fans will disagree with me on this, but jeeze. we talk about the class that we have...I hate to say it, but talking about present doesn't really show alot of class. It comes of as our way to measure up to current programs.

sorry for rambling.

Respectfully, I would have to say there is a difference between living in the past and embracing tradition. I know some go out of their way to do the former, but most Bama fans I know (myself included) fall with the former. Tradition is to be respected, especially when some schools don't have much to speak of.

Back
Top Bottom