| MBB/WBB After Col. State cancellation, Davidson agrees to meet Alabama in the CM Newton Classic

The No. 23-ranked Colorado State men's basketball team won't play its scheduled game Saturday against Tulsa due to COVID-19 issues within the team.

The team released a statement Friday announcing the cancellation.

"Based on public health recommendations and COVID-related concerns on the team, the Rams will be unable to travel for the Hoop Hype XL Collegiate Basketball Showcase. The game will not be rescheduled this season."

CSU is next scheduled to play Tuesday in Birmingham against Alabama. The status of that game is not yet determined.

The Rams are 10-0 and chasing an NCAA Tournament berth and the Rams are also favorites in the Mountain West.

Co-worker in San Fran called about something yesterday. At end of call she took the opportunity to ask what it’s like living in a state with less than 60% vaccinated in a condescending voice. I played it off and just asked her how HER wife and kids were doing. Later I looked up vaccination rates. My county is 61%, her county in CA is… 61%… Difference, her 39% unvaxxed is exponentially larger number of folks that she’ll be surrounded by (density does that). 😂

Back
Top Bottom