| CURRENT EVENTS Administration suing Sheetz gas station because they don't hire convicted felons

I wonder if any of the clowns would hire a sex offender to babysit their kids (but they do leave Joe alone with them)… An embezzler to keep their books…A kleptomaniac to watch their homes while on vacation… I mean everyone deserves a second chance right?… Maybe they should lead by example..

Equity versus equality. Disparate outcome, a way around making felons a protected class.

If a felon wants a job, they can always go the Postal Service. They don't screen.

I see Sheetz up in the Carolinas, always clean and well managed, they seem to be the east coast QT.

KDKA...I had no idea there were stations east of the Mississippi with station names starting with a K. Can't be many.

KDKA...I had no idea there were stations east of the Mississippi with station names starting with a K. Can't be many.
Random observation, but a good one.

Several years ago I found out that WCSC here in town is one of the few stations that has call letters that represent the area. WRAL up in Raleigh is another.
If a felon wants a job, they can always go the Postal Service. They don't screen.
Seriously. Is this true? I'm assuming you are talking about criminal background checks. I'd also assume they DO conduct driver screening? IE: Has you license been suspended in the last seven years and so on...

Random observation, but a good one.

Several years ago I found out that WCSC here in town is one of the few stations that has call letters that represent the area. WRAL up in Raleigh is another.

Seriously. Is this true? I'm assuming you are talking about criminal background checks. I'd also assume they DO conduct driver screening? IE: Has you license been suspended in the last seven years and so on...
Tens of thousands of Postal employees don't drive on the job. Sort facilities, HQ, etc.

They screen, there’s a background check. My Mother is a Post Master
Happy to hear that. The background check process is demonstrably broken, and it's unbelievably behind. USPS proceeds with hiring ahead of the background investigation, particularly seasonal hires. Gang members populate regional sort facilities and have stolen an untold number of checks being shipped from the check printer to the customer. Even though the number of checks written are less than one-sixth the number when items peaked around 1992, the volume of check fraud has risen exponentially and continues to rise.

Happy to hear that. The background check process is demonstrably broken, and it's unbelievably behind. USPS proceeds with hiring ahead of the background investigation, particularly seasonal hires. Gang members populate regional sort facilities and have stolen an untold number of checks being shipped from the check printer to the customer. Even though the number of checks written are less than one-sixth the number when items peaked around 1992, the volume of check fraud has risen exponentially and continues to rise.
They may proceed with hires ahead of the background in some places

Back
Top Bottom