| NEWS ACC schools could find themselves more than $30 million behind the SEC and Big Ten in annual distribution by the time 2026 arrives.

FwLgdtmXoAEV_Dn

SI covering the ACC, Big 12, and the Pac 12 here ...

The SEC has been eyeing NC State and Virginia Tech from across the room for a while now... That’s not to say they wouldn’t scoop up Clemson and FSU instead, but don’t sleep on the Wolfpack and the Cavs.
I think the Wolfpack and Hokies would fit in well in the SEC. Others seem to act as if their shit don’t stink and are “above” the SEC.

If what's reported—half of the conference wants a change—would the eighth school be the 'fatal straw?'

In a report I've read recently the author pointed out that the B1G and the SEC were the only two conferences who had over 1 billion in revenue last fiscal year. This was an aggregate figure, for football only.

Putting this is a bit of perspective. You know who #1 is: soon to be SEC member, Texas. UGA, coming off their title, came in second followed by ND, soon to be SEC member Oklahoma, Michigan and then Alabama ($127.6m)

10 schools, total, broke the $100 million mark. If we include UT and OU, then add UGA, Bama, AU and UT? Six of ten. (Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State round out the 10.)

When it comes to the ACC, FSU led the way. They were almost 23 million shy of Tennessee's revenue. (Wisconsin and Iowa had more revenue than FSU.)

The ACC didn't come within $200 million of the SEC.

(LSU, $95m and UF $93m.)

I know a lot of dominoes have to fall, but what do you think the over under is for the ACC remaining a power five football conference? I hate to use the word if, but if we ever see the super conference realignment or whatever you want to call it, I just don’t see the ACC holding on nor the PAC whatever they are now.

I know a lot of dominoes have to fall, but what do you think the over under is for the ACC remaining a power five football conference? I hate to use the word if, but if we ever see the super conference realignment or whatever you want to call it, I just don’t see the ACC holding on nor the PAC whatever they are now.

More than likely, this road leads to the SEC and the Big Ten as the last standing and being the Super Conferences that you're talking about... It would be modeled similarly to the NFC and AFC, with playoffs and championship being like the CFB version of the NFL playoffs and Super Bowl.

When everybody from the conference has a gag order after their meeting, it’s not a good sign.
Before the gag order the public comments I read weren't flattering. I understand why they issued the order but I question the decision. They've left the "narrative" to be established by the media. Their idle, unfounded speculation isn't going to help.

Before the gag order the public comments I read weren't flattering. I understand why they issued the order but I question the decision. They've left the "narrative" to be established by the media. Their idle, unfounded speculation isn't going to help.
And the “no comment” from the conference doesn’t count for a denial.

Back
Top Bottom