| FTBL A little trivia type conversation/question for y'all. When was the first time you heard the term, "Iron Bowl?"

Give this one some thought.

I'll caution, there's a difference between "growing up with something" and "something made up while you were growing up."

I guess if you hang around long enough, you can say that about a number of things. I grew up saying Alabama-aubrun.

I always saw "Heart of Dixie" on license plates, although you need a magnifying glass these days to do so. "The Cotton State" pre-dates me, but my green calendar uses that nickname. "The Yellowhammer State" goes back quite a bit, too.

Attachments

• IMG_1949.jpg
    IMG_1949.jpg
    809.5 KB · Views: 1
I guess if you hang around long enough, you can say that about a number of things. I grew up saying Alabama-aubrun.

I always saw "Heart of Dixie" on license plates, although you need a magnifying glass these days to do so. "The Cotton State" pre-dates me, but my green calendar uses that nickname. "The Yellowhammer State" goes back quite a bit, too.
I like "heart of dixie"

In Tennessee we have a choice
To add...."In God we trust" to our plates
Instead of "Tnvacation.com"

As usual....Tennessee is ahead of the other southern states

Bama has a "God Bless America" slogan option, and for the last 10 years or so in Georgia, they will give you a "God Bless America" line to place on your plate.
GA has been doing it for y10 years or so now. You can have a sticker for your county or one that says "In God We Trust". I think they used to charge $1 for it before the attempt to make it mandatory failed and they decided to make it optional for free.

Back
Top Bottom