| MBB/WBB đźŹ€2024-25 Basketball Roster Updates and Offseason News...(This is one of the best pressers I've seen with any coach, any sport.)

We had a similar thread last year, and like it, I will update this one with the movement as it happens and next season's roster takes shape. Obviously, all the players in red that are set to return, won't. And others will be added via the portal. But I'll keep this updated and keep track of it as it all unfolds. As always, let me know of any errors/mistakes.

Also, keep in mind, there are 13 scholarship spots available per season. As of now, Alabama is +2 (15 scholarshipped players), which means at a minimum, 2 of the following will not return.

Current 2024/25 roster outlook as of now:
G Mark Sears (5th year Senior)

G Latrell Wrightsell Jr. (5th year Senior)

G Davin Cosby Jr. (Sophomore)
G Houston Mallette (Senior)
F Nick Pringle (5th year Senior)
F Grant Nelson (5th year Senior)
F Mohamed Wague (Senior)

F Sam Walters (Sophomore)
F Mouhamed Dioubate (Sophomore)
F Jarin Stevenson (Sophomore)

G/F Naas Cunningham (Freshman)
F Derrion Reid (Freshman)
C Aiden Sherrell (Freshman)
G Rylan Griffin (Junior)

G/F Kris Parker (Redshirt Freshman)
PG Aden Holloway (Sophomore)

Players from 2023/24 that are not eligible to return next season
G Aaron Estrada

Players eligible to return for next season that will not
G/F Kris Parker
G Rylan Griffen
F Sam Walters
F Nick Pringle
G Davin Cosby

Players signed that are set to join Alabama for next season
G/F Naas Cunningham
F Derrion Reid
C Aiden Sherrell

Players transferring in to play for Alabama next season
G Houston Mallette (Pepperdine)
G Chris Youngblood (USF)

SEC Basketball Roster Tracker

OR...setting a bar?

Some of the workouts/practices have been CRAZY good basketball.

There's reason to be optimistic. Lean into it...
Going back to things I appreciated about CNS he worked to keep pressure of his kids from outside expectatins but he also kept them grounded and working to get better no matter how good they thought they were. Freshman never playing a game is hard to know but that is why they get paid big bucks. There is cerainly more than one way to skin a cat and as I said if this guy is the real deal it probably does not matter.

Oats adding some expectations on the young kid. Never a fan of that but if he is the real deal I guess it should not matter.
Eh Oats always does this preseason. In a way, you can see why. With the offense that's instilled, you need confidence when you're running a style designed for volume shooters. Oats always praises his guys really early on, then goes back to coach speak during the season to keep them level headed.

It can be a double-edged sword putting pressure on the players. But at the same time, I think he wants them to know how to deal with those expectations and play with it.

Chris Youngblood suffered a high ankle sprain at practice.

As of any other practice details, none yet. Despite being the highest ranked team on campus (preseason I know), there's been little to no coverage at practice from any of our so called insiders or any beat reporters. I know football is king, so it's whatever.

As of any other practice details, none yet. Despite being the highest ranked team on campus (preseason I know), there's been little to no coverage at practice from any of our so called insiders or any beat reporters. I know football is king, so it's whatever.
Honestly best, rather not have a ton of "rat poison". If they play like they did last year at the end, they'll be just fine, I know there will be some small issues early on and I expect people to be patient with them. Even with such a great roster, we will have a few early growing pains to get acclimated but I expect to be rolling sooner rather than later in games.

The locker room is together, IMO, it's just a matter of time before they work their chemistry out on the court.

That's not exactly true. Those "insiders" are quiet, yes. But not within their own circles.

Back
Top Bottom