| MBB/WBB šŸ€2024-25 Alabama Basketball Roster Updates (Rutgers transfer Clifford Omoruyi, one of the top big men in the portal, has committed to Alabama)

We had a similar thread last year, and like it, I will update this one with the movement as it happens and next season's roster takes shape. Obviously, all the players in red that are set to return, won't. And others will be added via the portal. But I'll keep this updated and keep track of it as it all unfolds. As always, let me know of any errors/mistakes.

Also, keep in mind, there are 13 scholarship spots available per season. As of now, Alabama is +2 (15 scholarshipped players), which means at a minimum, 2 of the following will not return.

Current 2024/25 roster outlook as of now:
G Mark Sears (5th year Senior)

G Latrell Wrightsell Jr. (5th year Senior)

G Davin Cosby Jr. (Sophomore)
G Houston Mallette (Senior)
F Nick Pringle (5th year Senior)
F Grant Nelson (5th year Senior)
F Mohamed Wague (Senior)

F Sam Walters (Sophomore)
F Mouhamed Dioubate (Sophomore)
F Jarin Stevenson (Sophomore)

G/F Naas Cunningham (Freshman)
F Derrion Reid (Freshman)
C Aiden Sherrell (Freshman)
G Rylan Griffin (Junior)

G/F Kris Parker (Redshirt Freshman)
PG Aden Holloway (Sophomore)

Players from 2023/24 that are not eligible to return next season
G Aaron Estrada

Players eligible to return for next season that will not
G/F Kris Parker
G Rylan Griffen
F Sam Walters
F Nick Pringle
G Davin Cosby

Players signed that are set to join Alabama for next season
G/F Naas Cunningham
F Derrion Reid
C Aiden Sherrell

Players transferring in to play for Alabama next season
G Houston Mallette (Pepperdine)
G Chris Youngblood (USF)

SEC Basketball Roster Tracker

Kinda funny it was just a year ago we were talking about Philon decommitting from auburn. He eventually does now, end up at Bama 12 months and a layover at Kansas later. But, Pearl and auburn wanted him, badly. They were not thrilled when he decommitted. They can say what they want about Aden Holloway, but if they are going to pretend this one doesn't sting then they're kidding themselves.

Kinda funny it was just a year ago we were talking about Philon decommitting from auburn. He eventually does now, end up at Bama 12 months and a layover at Kansas later. But, Pearl and auburn wanted him, badly. They were not thrilled when he decommitted. They can say what they want about Aden Holloway, but if they are going to pretend this one doesn't sting then they're kidding themselves.
Talk the barners and they will tell you Holloway was not any good :).

If the recruiting rankings were re-made today Bama would likely take the #2 spot behind Duke in purely basketball recruiting. If you add transfer stuff in, Bama would likely be #1 especially if you take into account the possibility of adding another Big Man still from the portal.

Talk the barners and they will tell you Holloway was not any good :).

They haven't coped with it really well... though at times he wasn't very good. But, if I was in their shoes, I'd wonder if it was all on him or maybe just a bad fit. Oats and his numbers guy believe it wasn't on him. We will see who is correct eventually... I know where I'd place my bet...

They haven't coped with it really well... though at times he wasn't very good. But, if I was in their shoes, I'd wonder if it was all on him or maybe just a bad fit. Oats and his numbers guy believe it wasn't on him. We will see who is correct eventually... I know where I'd place my bet...
Two years ago there was a kid named Tray Hollowell who was playing point for Morehead State. He started off that season scoring double digit points while averaging in the 40% range for FG's and 3PA's. About the end of December they shifted their focus and he ended up the season averaging a 7/3/2 ball game.

Last year Aden was putting up double-digits in the early part of the season. While he didn't have as many, like Tray, he was having his games where you would see 40% from the field. About the end of December they shifted their focus and he ended up the season averaging in the 7/2/3 range.

Broome's last season before he transferred to Auburn was playing at Morehead with Tray Hollowell.

It may be mere coincidence. And, it may been part of a game plan.

'22 class had a higher point total, ranked #4 at the end, with six commitments. Coincidentally, that was Miller's class with Pringle, Cosby, and Griffen. (OH, a guy named Clowney was in that class as well.) I'm forgetting one guy.

No one in that class is still in Tuscaloosa.

Back
Top Bottom