| MBB/WBB 2023 SEC Tournament Official Bracket

The bottom line is we have to play solid basketball, not matter who we play or the time we play. We cannot afford to get off to another slow start, make foolish turnovers and play poor defense for long stretches of the game. Just win baby!

The bottom line is we have to play solid basketball, not matter who we play or the time we play. We cannot afford to get off to another slow start, make foolish turnovers and play poor defense for long stretches of the game. Just win baby!

Right. But a single elimination tournament sometimes isn't about the best team. Its often about the mentality tougher team

And that doesn't seen to be Alabama.
Explain, or GTFO!

alabama-basketball.gif

Two games judges mental toughness in basketball? Five games judges mental toughness basketball?

Ya know that's a weak take.

Right. But a single elimination tournament sometimes isn't about the best team. Its often about the mentality tougher team
I would say a deeper bench helps more so than being mentally tougher. Your team can be tough as nails between the ears, but if you only play 7-8 guys each night, those legs are going to wear down long before it does between your ears.
I’m going off of what I experienced many years ago as a player and from what I saw as a coach. As a player, we were well conditioned, but injuries depleted our bench and we went from playing 8-9 guys every time out to being limited to 7. Come tournament time, our legs were shot by the start of the 3rd game. A deep bench allows a team to keep the legs freehand limit foul issues as well.
@SnakeDoc I could point at Houston, @USC, Barn, Arky, etc that would suggest this team is mentally tough. Falling behind double digits with a mentally weak team would’ve resulted in losses in every single one of those games in the past. This team is resilient!!

I saw 2 losses TN n A$M

They will beat either and maybe easily on neutral court even with SEC officials
There's no such thing as SEC officials.

Two games to point to, along with Oklahoma, can be attributed to what was said earlier, " dead legs. " Mental falls there.

And some teams that play good defense...

Team got Sunday off and they need the rest.

There's no such thing as SEC officials.

Two games to point to, along with Oklahoma, can be attributed to what was said earlier, " dead legs. " Mental falls there.

And some teams that play good defense...

Team got Sunday off and they need the rest.
Must have been call ur own fouls then

Cause it was home cooking in both losses

Ok loss was just bad game

Officials that ref sec games arent sec officials. Learn something new all time

Look up Doug Shows. I think it's dougshshows.com

He's in eight conferences I think
Ok. They work SEC games ...even though they might work games in other conferences...
They are paid for working SEC games by SEC

Seems to make them SEC officials to me...

It seems to me....that officials in basketball ...including NBA...are affected by crowd...
I.e. home cooking
Its a phenomenon.....same teams play on neutral court...i.e. tourneyment ....thing change

I dont believe you will see AnM get all those phantom charging calls away from home...
Now i havent watched any....games except bama... but come tournaments....may.

...IMO....

Ok. They work SEC games ...even though they might work games in other conferences...
They are paid for working SEC games by SEC

Seems to make them SEC officials to me...
If Shows calls a SEC game Saturday followed by a North Carolina game on Sunday, is he a SEC or ACC official?

What if Shows calls a Troy game on Tuesday, then a Clemson game Wednesday, followed by a UCLA game Saturday. Is he a Sun Belt, ACC, or PAC official? Or is he still a SEC official?

Shows calls games in 10 conferences.

If Shows calls a SEC game Saturday followed by a North Carolina game on Sunday, is he a SEC or ACC official?

What if Shows calls a Troy game on Tuesday, then a Clemson game Wednesday, followed by a UCLA game Saturday. Is he a Sun Belt, ACC, or PAC official? Or is he still a SEC official?

Shows calls games in 10 conferences.
Ok. Yes. If he calls sec game. He is a sec official. Hes not mutually exclusive to the conference but if thats who is paying him

Then YES.

But he isnt the only official working SEC games. And why does it matter

If you watch basketball. You see the way things are called and mostly favoring the home team and their crowd. I just wonder WHY

At A$M You really think all those " charging calls" would have been called on bama in Ttown
Or even in a neutral setting

But we will see. This weekend in Nashville

Back
Top Bottom