| MBB/WBB 2023 SEC Tournament Official Bracket

Yep looks like if Bama can survive State they will get the Viles again. I would like to see that game IF Bama plays their A game. That is probably a better bracket for Bama than it looked like is was going to have when it was looking like it would be Arkansas and then UK.

With Ziegler out for the Vols, I don't know that they'd hold up against us or Missouri for that matter. Pretty sure their goose is cooked this year. Likely be us vs Missouri which I think would be a fun match-up to watch. At least we won't have the physical defense UT runs trying to hurt our guys as they cut in for baskets

I must be looking at it wrong. Playing Mississippi State, Missouri or Florida in the 1st game is better than LSU, UGA or Vandy in the first game....you'll have to explain that one to me.

All you need to do is look at the bottom half of the bracket. It speaks for itself.

Hell, doesnt matter anyway ..got to win'em all from this point on right? :)
Yep but the path to get there can be harder or easier so in the final game they still have some gas in the tank. At the end of the day this is going to come down to the team playing better than they have. Could be one and done (unlikely) or could win it all. I know stating the obvious. The team can win it all but they have to play more like they were midway through conference play to do so.

Yep but the path to get there can be harder or easier so in the final game they still have some gas in the tank. At the end of the day this is going to come down to the team playing better than they have. Could be one and done (unlikely) or could win it all. I know stating the obvious. The team can win it all but they have to play more like they were midway through conference play to do so.
That's one of the more frustrating things about this team: They can beat, or lose to, any team.

The last 4 games have not been good, to say the least.

I couldn't have put a bracket together (realistically) that favored Alabama any more than this one.
Most definitely, but not easy by any stretch. I'd choose Mississippi State to beat Florida, meaning this would be our third match up with them. State has played really good basketball as of late, and beating any team three times in one season is tough as nails.

If we play Tennessee, I'd look for us to get revenge. Ziegler out is a huge blow, but injuries also tend to bring a team closer together. They're talented enough to make a threat to make it into the Elite 8 or more IMO. Fortunately for us, we know Rick Barnes teams will always choke. But a physical team that matches up well with Alabama, who has struggled vs patient physical offenses.

Mizzou would have Kobe Brown back, and he is a force underneath. Mizzou, as we saw earlier, plays a eerily similar style to Alabama. They could get hot at any moment.

I have a lot of faith in Oats and the staff for tournaments. His teams at Buffalo killed it in conference tournaments. We also saw how well Alabama performed two seasons ago, facing similar issues we have this season. The team was in a shooting slump, then came out and lit Mississippi State up. Followed by dramatic wins over Tennessee and LSU.

If we play Tennessee, I'd look for us to get revenge. Ziegler out is a huge blow, but injuries also tend to bring a team closer together. They're talented enough to make a threat to make it into the Elite 8 or more IMO. Fortunately for us, we know Rick Barnes teams will always choke. But a physical team that matches up well with Alabama, who has struggled vs patient physical offenses.
Just as important as the injury, UT will have played two games in a row with an 18 hour turn-around before their third in three days facing Bama

Back
Top Bottom