| GOLF 2022 Valspar Championship

Last edited:

Leader is Matt NeSmith at -14

JT is -10

Michael Thompson is -4

Lee Hodges failed to make the cut
Trey Mullinax failed to make the cut
How could you miss Davis Riley; nine under just behind JT?

ic0niclisa-throwing.gif

OT: Good lord, talk about a rabbit hole.

This conversation reminded me of a group called Modest Mouse and a song they released called "Bukowski." It's a dark album (lead singer having God and death issues) with one lyric reading, "who would want to be such an asshole."

That led to remembering reading Bokowski and his, what's called dark as well, view of society. Here's an illustration to one of his works that's probably two decades old and still fitting:

crumbbukowski_captain3.jpg

Round 3 results

Davis Riley blew by Red Farmer and everybody else today shooting a best round (for him) of 62. Davis in at -18 and 2 shots ahead of the NeSmith and 3 ahead of fellow Bama player JT.

JT needs to lose those little girlie pedal pushers

Hope he's being paid well to wear those....awful
If I'm reading this correctly he had trial runs with different clothiers before signing with Greyson.

Those sponsors included global clothing brand Ralph Lauren, but after much anticipation and a few trials, JT was confirmed on Monday as the new ambassador for Greyson Clothiers.
Those joggers are $150 - $200 dollars a pair.

OT: Good lord, talk about a rabbit hole.

This conversation reminded me of a group called Modest Mouse and a song they released called "Bukowski." It's a dark album (lead singer having God and death issues) with one lyric reading, "who would want to be such an asshole."

That led to remembering reading Bokowski and his, what's called dark as well, view of society. Here's an illustration to one of his works that's probably two decades old and still fitting:

crumbbukowski_captain3.jpg

😁

@PurlJam

That's a good pull! The lyrics fit with the earlier sidetrack in this thread. And here's another sidetrack ...

Such an eclectic group. You hear the music; it's the Electronic genre. The look of the band, its cadence, and you know it's an Alternative group. But when you listen to the lyrics it's R&B. And their platform was on Pop music stations.

I watched several hours of this yesterday and there was just a different feel to JT's group.

Maybe I'm reading too much into the day. Maybe. I don't think so. It felt like a team even—The President's Cup as example. It was the way JT played the round that left that impression.

Seeing him giving a (y) to Davis after both sank long putts for birdie isn't something he'd do on "moving day" in another tournament. Well, maybe with Jordan or Rickey? 🤷‍♂️

Was that a Bama thing, or am I just reading too much into the day?

Riley was hell on wheels with his putter yesterday while JT was just good. JT has to birdie all the par 5's if is going to hang with these folks because they all can putt well. If you saw the footage from before round play it appears JT's father is his advisor on his putting, and I have to give Dad a B grade. JT is just not GREAT from 8-10 feet like these young guns.

It's going to take a 64-65 to win it today.

Last edited:
The tournament was JT's to win but he shit the bed time and time again today. He is no closer for sure.
J.T. led the field in strokes gained from tee to green on the week and had his chances on Sunday. However, he ended the week with his sixth top 10 in his last eight starts instead of his first victory in just over a year. If you're looking for a problem, there's really not one. The margins are just insanely thin. J.T. hit it great, just as he's been doing, and the putter was solid this week. Look at it this way: If Thomas doesn't bogey the par-5 11th, which he birdied every other day this week, he's in a playoff with Burns and Riley with a shot for his first win since the 2021 Players Championship. He'll win soon if he keeps hitting it like this, and all the evidence we have of his career is that he's going to continue hitting it like this.

He was three back going into round four and finished one off the winner, but "he shit the bed."

Let's ignore Burns played a hell of a final round. :rolleyes:

He did struggle, a little, with his wedges yesterday but otherwise played a good tournament.

Back
Top Bottom