8. Jaycee Horn
9. Luke Ford
10.Tommy Brown

Too early to tell:
Justin Fields
Rafiti Ghirmai
Nadab Joseph

10.Tommy Brown
That guy started at Mater Dei as a frosh. That's unheard of.

I'd add one to your list: Emmit Gooden, JUCO from Independence Community College. The staff has had their eyes on him for quite awhile now.

Nadab Joseph
That's going to be a tough flip. It's certainly positive when he says "I'm listening to other schools." Kelvin Joseph is another they are looking at flipping from LSU.

1. Justyn Ross

wolfinthefold2.jpg

Can you name the episode? Four words.

2. Jacob Copeland
I don't believe there will be room with Waddle moving up the board.

@TerryP We've talked about the 22 number. Do you have any idea what they are looking at when it comes to WR's? Are they looking at taking two, three, four? Any idea?

I understand it's likely three. They've got Xavier Williams already publicly committed. I think I've mentioned Jaylen Waddle in the camps discussions. I don't remember. You may have seen him mentioned in some of the published camp reports. When he was in Tuscaloosa he just showed out. Tosh is recruiting him and for that reason alone I'd say he's one to watch. I'm of the understanding he's on the top of the board for the wide receivers. It's my understanding that Ross committed to the staff when he was in town this spring (A-day.)

I see it breaking down like this. If they can get Waddle in the fold that'll be it for the group: Waddle, Ross, and Williams. It's a deliberate process like we've discussed. As example, if they feel they can't land Waddle they'll likely move down to Copeland.

My, how times are changing. Arkansas's top TE recruit has de-committed and sounds like he is extrememly interested in coming to National Championship U. Daboll is wasting little time in sizing up talent that fits his scheme and obviously, it doesn't take long for word to get around.

Recent Arkansas decommit now has Alabama on top as Tide compare him to Rob Gronkowski

It'll be interesting to see how this works out in this class. It's their intent to sign two. That may change if they find a defensive lineman they'd rather use the scholarship for leaving them with just one in the '18 class. At least that's what I was told back when I heard about the 22 number a few months ago.

Right now they have two guys that feel very comfortable with; Forristal and Smith. The others are works in progress.

A position battle to watch this fall is going to be that H-back type of role. Add to that one who can fit that inline TE role.

It'll be interesting to see how this works out in this class. It's their intent to sign two. That may change if they find a defensive lineman they'd rather use the scholarship for leaving them with just one in the '18 class. At least that's what I was told back when I heard about the 22 number a few months ago.

Right now they have two guys that feel very comfortable with; Forristal and Smith. The others are works in progress.

A position battle to watch this fall is going to be that H-back type of role. Add to that one who can fit that inline TE role.

Could Brian Robinson be a Jalston Fowler type and make the transition to help the team now? I like Ronnie Clark at the H though. I could see this offense having a big advantage in the passing game without having to take a lot of risks. With New England you know what's coming, you just can't stop the execution. If Daboll brings that quick pop offense, I would be thrilled.

Could Brian Robinson be a Jalston Fowler type and make the transition to help the team now?
Maybe.

All I've heard is it is something that is going to be decided this fall. That tells me they are looking at more than one guy.

Brian has been described, by more than a handful, as the sleeper in his class. To wonder that isn't off base, at all.

We need to find use for him or Emmons. We will likely lose one jf they don't get some looks somewhere in my opinion. Plus, they have too much talent not to use somewhere, somehow. Of course I thought that about OJ Howard, Cam Sims, Dieter, and Ridley last year. Which didn't turn out nearly as I thought it would.

Thought for sure Hentges would be an all around option for us by now. He seemed like one of the few potential dual threat TE's. Maybe not being dominant in either role has held him back?

Irv Smith has been a terrific surprise. Surprises me to hear we would take 2 TE's with Smith & Tennison as freshman. I'd be pumped with 1 big time signee.

Back
Top Bottom