| FTBL 2008 schedule

bamabarney said:
Has anyone heard that Arky. State would be coming onto the schedule, maybe replaceing N.Ill.or WKU?

We will play Arkansas St on November 1, the day that we were scheduled to play Northern Illinois. I *think* Northern Illinois will be moved up to take the spot of UTEP on October 11. Clemson would replace Western Kentucky on August 30 if they can get the i's dotted and the t's crossed, which will likely come very soon.

Good to see Clemson on next year's schedule. When was the last time we played them? Seems like they're one of those teams whose name is in my memory cache, but not because Bama actually faced them on the field.

laurajmoss said:
Good to see Clemson on next year's schedule. When was the last time we played them? Seems like they're one of those teams whose name is in my memory cache, but not because Bama actually faced them on the field.

We last played in 1975. We had four games with them in the 60's, and the remainder of our fourteen meetings were in the 30's or earlier. We're 11-3 overall against them.

RTR,

Tim

It Takes Eleven said:
laurajmoss said:

We last played in 1975. We had four games with them in the 60's, and the remainder of our fourteen meetings were in the 30's or earlier. We're 11-3 overall against them.

RTR,

Tim

Yep, we beat Clemson 56-0 the second game of the season in 75. It was the week after the Labor Day debacle against Mizzou when Bama was upset 7-20 (the Tide's only regular season defeat that year). Besides that loss, I remember the evening well--car got broken into (game at Legion Field) and tape deck was stolen. Apparently the thieves didn't care for my taste in music; left my Lynyrd Skynyrd 8-track sitting on the front seat.

An interesting side note: One of Clemson's former head coaches was Frank J. Howard, who played college football for Alabama and was a teammate of Coach Bryant. After a career-ending injury, Howard joined the staff at Clemson College and became head coach in 1939. Howard would coach the Clemson Tigers for 30 years, amassing the 15th most wins of any college football coach. The football stadium is named after him.

Of course, Charley Pell and Danny Ford, were other Clemson head coaches with University of Alabama ties.

weezyfbaby00 said:
No Gators next year or can they fill one of the open spots?

No Georgia picked up their spot. We rotate through eastern division foes. We had South Carolina a few years back home/home series then Florida. This year we played Georgia at home. In 2008 we play in Athens.....I think we go back to playing South Carolina after that for a home and home series.

Aug. 30 -- vs. Clemson in Atlanta*
Sept. 6 -- Tulane*
Sept. 13 -- TBD or OPEN
Sept. 20 -- at Arkansas
Sept. 27 -- at Georgia
Oct. 4 -- Kentucky
Oct. 11 -- TBD or OPEN
Oct. 18 -- Ole Miss
Oct. 25 -- at Tennessee
Nov. 1 -- Arkansas State
Nov. 8 -- Mississippi State
Nov. 15 -- at LSU
Nov. 22 -- TBD or OPEN
Nov. 29 -- Auburn
* - Tentative, not confirmed

bamabarney said:
I had heard that they hoped to have it finialized before the bowls games start. I heard it would be an 8 pm kickoff on ABC.

Yeah, that was in an article in the last couple of days I think. It sounds like they have pretty much worked everything out.

bear facts said:
It Takes Eleven said:
laurajmoss said:

RTR,

Tim

Yep, we beat Clemson 56-0 the second game of the season in 75. It was the week after the Labor Day debacle against Mizzou when Bama was upset 7-20 (the Tide's only regular season defeat that year). Besides that loss, I remember the evening well--car got broken into (game at Legion Field) and tape deck was stolen. Apparently the thieves didn't care for my taste in music; left my Lynyrd Skynyrd 8-track sitting on the front seat.

An interesting side note: One of Clemson's former head coaches was Frank J. Howard, who played college football for Alabama and was a teammate of Coach Bryant. After a career-ending injury, Howard joined the staff at Clemson College and became head coach in 1939. Howard would coach the Clemson Tigers for 30 years, amassing the 15th most wins of any college football coach. The football stadium is named after him.

Of course, Charley Pell and Danny Ford, were other Clemson head coaches with University of Alabama ties.

Hootie Ingram has also been Clemson's head coach.

Back
Top Bottom