| FTBL 2 Questions.

nfrayer

Thread Starter
Registered
First, with XM hosting most of the Sec this year (SC, Florida, and LSU in 2008 and 9), will Sirius still broadcast Eli and Alabama away games for this season. Alabama is one of the only schools that hasn't committed to either one. They are not under contract with Sirius, but have not signed on to XM. Sirius's schedule shows that they will broadcast the W. Carolina game, but has nothing for the next weekend. I am in a location where I don't get much, if any Alabama football coverage, except from sirius. If anyone can help answer this question please let me know. I will gladly switch to XM for alabama even though Sirius is far superior in my book. And Second, where can I get a lifesize Bear Bryant and, or Gene Stallings cardboard cut out.
 
I

imported_porkchop

nfrayer said:
First, with XM hosting most of the Sec this year (SC, Florida, and LSU in 2008 and 9), will Sirius still broadcast Eli and Alabama away games for this season. Alabama is one of the only schools that hasn't committed to either one. They are not under contract with Sirius, but have not signed on to XM. Sirius's schedule shows that they will broadcast the W. Carolina game, but has nothing for the next weekend. I am in a location where I don't get much, if any Alabama football coverage, except from sirius. If anyone can help answer this question please let me know. I will gladly switch to XM for alabama even though Sirius is far superior in my book. And Second, where can I get a lifesize Bear Bryant and, or Gene Stallings cardboard cut out.

Haha!! Lifesized cut out! :D

I'm not sure on either question nfrayer but someone will chime in soon enough with the info. In the meantime, welcome to the site. :) ;br :ele a$#
 
I

imported_porkchop

It's all good. :) Welcome aboard and get ready for a fun season. Soon enough the boards will really be hopping again as people come out of hybernation for football season. It should be a blast.
 

shiloh

Verified Member
Century Club
eli and xm/sirius

Don't know about the cardboard, but didn't XM merge with Sirius? I'm pretty sure you're safe to catch the away games from what my peanut gallery says. I feel your pain. God, am I glad to be back down south. Soryy, I'm not much help
 

Wiseace615

Verified Member
Extra Point Club
bamafan850 said:
I searched the net under Google but all that kept coming up was the Bear Bryant blow up dolls.

I mean, I loved the Bear, but I never wanted to "love" the Bear :shock: . As far as the Sirius question, I am also a Sirius subscriber and they are in the process of merging with XM, so there shouldn't be a problem with getting the games. I am in the process of trying to verify that and will let you know as soon as I get more info.
 

RolltideinKY

Verified Member
Sideline Club
One other option if you are out of state...

I listen to all the games that aren't televised on Yahoo Sports.

Maybe someone can help find a radio station in state that streams audio over the net?

Anyone?
 

TerryP

Misomaniac
Ivory Club
RolltideinKY said:
One other option if you are out of state...

I listen to all the games that aren't televised on Yahoo Sports.

Maybe someone can help find a radio station in state that streams audio over the net?

Anyone?

Because of the agreement with Yahoo, I don't believe there are any stations in state that are broadcasting the games...at least, on-line broadcast.

I know a few people that found stations in the area of the team we were playing and listened to their broadcast.

FWIW, as to W. Carolina, last year LF broadcast their games online (streaming video)...if you don't get LF (a lot of CBS stations will show the US Open that weekend) watching it online is an option.
 
I

imported_porkchop

TerryP said:
RolltideinKY said:
One other option if you are out of state...

I listen to all the games that aren't televised on Yahoo Sports.

Maybe someone can help find a radio station in state that streams audio over the net?

Anyone?

Because of the agreement with Yahoo, I don't believe there are any stations in state that are broadcasting the games...at least, on-line broadcast.

I know a few people that found stations in the area of the team we were playing and listened to their broadcast.

FWIW, as to W. Carolina, last year LF broadcast their games online (streaming video)...if you don't get LF (a lot of CBS stations will show the US Open that weekend) watching it online is an option.

WUMP out of Huntsville used to still broadcast the games but even they had to stop. It was due to that Yahoo agreement I believe. I've purchased the ESPN gameplan a couple of times in the past and it's a pretty good deal if you want to watch online. You can purchase it weekly or for the entire season.
 
Top Bottom