| RECRUIT Tristan Jernigan set to announce on the 22nd.

We are 3 star magnets this year. We haven't had this many 3 stars since the Shula era. I know our staff.. doesn't look at player ratings but damn.

25 class looks much more like normal but are the ratings just that far off our are we just getting smoked that bad in recruiting?

Another spot up the road called the Blue Canoe that has a duck quesadilla with feta and they also make a southern bowl with grits/pulled pork and collards. Place is legit.........they buy all their meat from the Neon Pig. Coincidentally the Neon Pig has burger on their menu called the Blue Canoe to pay homage to them for purchasing all their meat from them.

Another spot up the road called the Blue Canoe that has a duck quesadilla with feta and they also make a southern bowl with grits/pulled pork and collards. Place is legit.........they buy all their meat from the Neon Pig. Coincidentally the Neon Pig has burger on their menu called the Blue Canoe to pay homage to them for purchasing all their meat from them.
Dang. Us olders have to watch the fatty stuff

But may have to indulge.

We are 3 star magnets this year. We haven't had this many 3 stars since the Shula era. I know our staff.. doesn't look at player ratings but damn.

25 class looks much more like normal but are the ratings just that far off our are we just getting smoked that bad in recruiting?
I think there's a mixture of issues now, a few of them being:

1) Nil - Teams with worse coaching staffs and who can't get guys to the NFL are snatching up big-time players by paying them ridiculous $$. Just to get them to commit, much like TAMU did a few years ago. However, I find these to be short lived much like at TAMU, the relationship is terrible because it's just based on $$ .

2) Transfer Portal - Guys are willing to sign/deal with teams they normally wouldn't to get the best deal, because they feel they can just "Transfer" to the school to develop them in year 2 or 3 after they make their money.

3) Level of Competition - The level of competition in recruiting has significantly increased as of late. What Saban was doing for 10 years is now being replicated by multiple schools. There's not 1 to 2 good teams, there's currently 5-6 teams capable of winning a title so recruits aren't flocking to the best school to get into the NFL.

4) Fatigue - Bama fatigue is as much a thing as ever, though I think it's starting to diminish with Georgia's wins lately.

5) Anti-recruiting - Bama deals constantly with Anti-recruiting. We get it from AU, Georgia, UT, pretty much any SEC school and now we get it from others. I've said it before, nobody deals with Anti-recruiting like Alabama does. Georgia is starting to feel it too, their success has painted a target on their back in multiple fields. I wouldn't be surprised to see a similar situation where they're spending more and more hours on keeping big name recruits than flipping gems.

We have had some misses, but this is still gonna end up being a top 5 class. Possibly even top 3. Now, in next years class, we're in the running with several 5 stars.... so, that class could end up being like the 23 class. We'll see how it shapes up.

Back
Top Bottom