| FTBL You guys won't believe this!

I

imported_porkchop

I'm sorry I don't have a link but one of the pay sites is now reporting that.....this is not a joke.. Bill Curry will be announced as the Georgia State head football coach tomarrow. :shock:

Apparently Georgia State will begin playing D1 football in 2010. Curry (66 now) appears to be the man chosen to lead the fledgeling program into the division 1 mine field.

Wow! That's all I can say. Just...wow. :|

Should be plenty of info on this tomarrow, assuming nothing changes.

But Granny can do magic.....I saw him do it on one of his "pep" talks.

louholtzportrait_x250_1.jpg

granny_clampett.jpg

Dislike him all you want but he has had collegiate successes that many coaches never had or will ever have.

1989 COY
SEC Title
Overall winning record in the SEC

He may not have the best personality(remember I was crawling during his tenure) but I think this is a good hire for a team trying to build a foundation. Good for GSU and Curry.

ua2K10 said:
Dislike him all you want but he has had collegiate successes that many coaches never had or will ever have.

1989 COY
SEC Title

He may not have the best personality(remember I was crawling during his tenure) but I think this is a good hire for a team trying to build a foundation. Good for GSU and Curry.

You must not realize how vitriolic and misleading he has been in the national media towards Alabama. He left Alabama for Kentucky because when he FINALLY got to a REAL football program he could not handle the pressure for long. I remember the Curry years well and the way he left. I could almost forgive him for that but he continues to blast Alabama AND it's fans. I don't understand how ANY real Alabama fan could support him in anyway given his outward hatred for Alabama and it's fans.

ua2K10 said:

1989 COY
SEC Title

Bill was noted for finishing second in recruiting battles for sought after players. I think what drove most of us away from him (other than his vitriol towards us after he left) was his glibness, his habit of never saying anything of substance when there was a cliche available. He was left with a lot of talent when he replaced Ray Perkins, but he arguably under achieved every year except for 1989. His one great achievement at Alabama was never losing to Tennessee. His 1989 team was one of Bama's all time best offensive teams, but I'd give credit for that to Homer Smith.

psychojoe said:
ua2K10 said:

1989 COY
SEC Title

Bill was noted for finishing second in recruiting battles for sought after players. I think what drove most of us away from him (other than his vitriol towards us after he left) was his glibness, his habit of never saying anything of substance when there was a cliche available. He was left with a lot of talent when he replaced Ray Perkins, but he arguably under achieved every year except for 1989. His one great achievement at Alabama was never losing to Tennessee. His 1989 team was one of Bama's all time best offensive teams, but I'd give credit for that to Homer Smith.

One thing that doesn't sit well with me is the notion that he was a coach with such a degree of high character. I'm not referring to the way he chose to leave Alabama, but the team and some of the discipline problems constant in his era.

Back
Top Bottom