| CURRENT EVENTS "You can only have shocked reactions" to this breaking news from CNN.

I love it when "professional" reporters are aghast when someone with real world experience (I'm using that definition loosely to include politics) moves into broadcasting. George Stephanopoulos was a political hack for Dukakis and Clinton. I guess he's done okay, albeit from the other side of the aisle. Scarborough has made a living at MSNBC. Tulsi Gabbard can probably name her price, although having her sit in for Tucker Carlson is a low bar, substituting for a stupid guy. Her interview of that fake NY representative was very good. The idea that only a reporter, or a lawyer for that matter, can effectively question a subject, is lacking.

On the other hand, because of the dying newspaper industry, local TV stations becoming inconsequential, and cable/network news belt tightening, there's a movement of media folks out of the industry. They cheerlead for each other, touting how resilient, adaptable and hard working their former colleagues are. I can appreciate the camaraderie, but...

Back
Top Bottom