| FTBL Write in poll gang! (ESPN coverage)

I

imported_porkchop

I just flipped it back over to ESPN a minute ago.

First of all, I have to confess that I have not been watching a whole lot of ESPN for a while now. Some of that is due to there being nothing on. I concedede that point. Part of it is due to my own personal opinion of ESPN as a whole and how they treat some schools as opposed to others.

What do I see when I flip it over? A rundown of the highlights.

(1) The first involved the Boston Red Sox and their comeback the other night. That will apparently be the play of the day in MLB, because the Lord knows.....there's not another team in baseball capable of making a comeback these days. :roll:

Kinda like how ESPN started their show the other night talking up the Sox and how lucky we all are to have them......while Justin Verlander of the White Sox treated them like fellons in the same game (7+ innings, 6 hits and 7 K's).

Keep in mind that the discussion was regarding how wonderful the Yankees are and can they catch the "hot" Red Sox?

(2) Duke versus North Carolina in basketball.

I'm sorry, but did I miss a memo somewhere? Did everyone in college basketball just suddenly say, "the hell with it let's be Duke or Carolina fans because nothing else matters".

This has become completely INSANE!!!!!! Not only are they hyping it up during basketball season, now they're talking about it and propping it during the off-season. It's like nothing else matters. No one is a fan of any other school than Duke or North Carolina.

Hey ESPN, newsflash......

No one outside of North Carolina cares!!!!!!!!!! We just don't care that much! Put our school on and let us watch them for a change. We just don't love Coach K like you guys do. We're not interested. Stop trying to ram it down people's throats.

Man I'm so sick of ESPN. I'm sick of the politics. I'm sick of hearing Dickey V (the most universally hated sportscaster out there) talk about Coach K and Duke........while he's calling BAMA games. I'm sick of having the Red Sox/Yankees rammed down my damn throat nightly.

I know ESPN is about entertainment but dang! It's gotten outragious!

SO WHAT DO YOU THINK OF ESPN?

Like it?

Hate it?

Indifferent?

I guess I would fall in trhe indifferent category. While I would love to see Bama in the highlights, lets face it. We have done little to warrant it. I agree they are extremely biased though. Duke has earned the right if you will, with thier history and storied program and a living legend as a coach. Like them or not you (as a sports fan) have to admit what they have done for along period of time is remarkable. What I do not like is the fact that Bama (in football) is just as rich as Duke in basketball. But we do not get hardly any air time or props. I guess I have also gotten immune to the fact that my team will not be in the media due to biased and hatred for the crimson tide. We are(as I like to say) "lunch pale university". To me what that means is everyday we roll up our sleeves, come to work, work extremely hard and get no recognition. I guess I am just use to it.

I HATE IT

I will also one up the hate thing.

I want it to be taken hostage by Rosie O'Donnell who will the eat all of the ESPN "anchors" in a frenzy. Then I want terrorist to destroy Rosie/ESPN by using the Baldwin brothers driving David Hasselhoff in a Trans-Am loaded with explosives and carrying Hillary Clinton and Barak O'bama all and using Nancy Pelosi as the one who detonates the explosives

I think that just about covers it for me.

Honestly guys, I'm am shocked. Simply put, ESPN is the only "all sports-all the time" channel that I know of. I know they are biased but they are all I've got. I guess I can just accept it in order to get my sports "fix."

The only time I watch ESPN or ESPN2 is when Alabama is playing either FB or Basketball on it. I do watch ESPN Classic on occasion due to Sports Century, Beat the Swaub (even though I hate Stuart Scott), and It's Not ______'s Fault That ________.

Swamptick said:
I HATE IT

I will also one up the hate thing.

I want it to be taken hostage by Rosie O'Donnell who will the eat all of the ESPN "anchors" in a frenzy. Then I want terrorist to destroy Rosie/ESPN by using the Baldwin brothers driving David Hasselhoff in a Trans-Am loaded with explosives and carrying Hillary Clinton and Barak O'bama all and using Nancy Pelosi as the one who detonates the explosives

I think that just about covers it for me.

LOL! :lol: Great post.

Yeah, as some others have pointed out, we're kinda stuck with ESPN. I'm forced to watch it just to get my sports info because there's no other real full-time sports channel out there.

I'm indifferent because I always find myself looking at alllll the highlights at the end of the day.

I do share the hatred or dislike rather for all those annoying Analysts.

Really and truely...If Alabama rises back to the top...they'll be on ESPN just as much as USC. :?

porkchop said:
LOL! :lol: Great post.

Yeah, as some others have pointed out, we're kinda stuck with ESPN. I'm forced to watch it just to get my sports info because there's no other real full-time sports channel out there.

You guys don't get FoxSports?

When guys like Dan Patrick and Keith Olberman started being replaced by guys like Stuart Scott I all but stopped watching SportsCenter. I get all my sports news from the internet now and don't miss ESPN at all.

Of course, I watch college football and MLB on ESPN even though I can't stand the majority of the announcers they use. (i.e., Joe Morgan).

I'll be intereted to see what ESPN will do to screw up Nextell Cup. I'm sure Rusty Wallace will play a big part in making it unbearable.

Finally, in spite of Berman -- who I can't stand -- I was enjoying NFL Countdown. Then thay took away the guy that knew the most about football (Steve Young) and replaced him with Ditka, who's a worthless schill.

I rarely watch Sportscenter anymore, but I do watch ESPNEWS a lot. The hosts aren't full of themselves nor do they use the same catch phrases over and over and over.

Hey Stu, we know you went to UNC!!!

reger60 said:
I'll be intereted to see what ESPN will do to screw up Nextell Cup. I'm sure Rusty Wallace will play a big part in making it unbearable.

When it was on ESPN before I enjoyed it. Benny Parsons did a great job. I can't remember the other guy, but he was oaky also.

I don't get Fox Sports in Orlando. I will admit that I watch ESPN the same way a crack addict does his drug. I HAVE to have ESPN because it is all I have and I am addicted.

porkchop said:
I just flipped it back over to ESPN a minute ago.

First of all, I have to confess that I have not been watching a whole lot of ESPN for a while now. Some of that is due to there being nothing on. I concedede that point. Part of it is due to my own personal opinion of ESPN as a whole and how they treat some schools as opposed to others.

What do I see when I flip it over? A rundown of the highlights.

(1) The first involved the Boston Red Sox and their comeback the other night. That will apparently be the play of the day in MLB, because the Lord knows.....there's not another team in baseball capable of making a comeback these days. :roll:

Kinda like how ESPN started their show the other night talking up the Sox and how lucky we all are to have them......while Justin Verlander of the White Sox treated them like fellons in the same game (7+ innings, 6 hits and 7 K's).

Keep in mind that the discussion was regarding how wonderful the Yankees are and can they catch the "hot" Red Sox?

(2) Duke versus North Carolina in basketball.

I'm sorry, but did I miss a memo somewhere? Did everyone in college basketball just suddenly say, "the hell with it let's be Duke or Carolina fans because nothing else matters".

This has become completely INSANE!!!!!! Not only are they hyping it up during basketball season, now they're talking about it and propping it during the off-season. It's like nothing else matters. No one is a fan of any other school than Duke or North Carolina.

Hey ESPN, newsflash......

No one outside of North Carolina cares!!!!!!!!!! We just don't care that much! Put our school on and let us watch them for a change. We just don't love Coach K like you guys do. We're not interested. Stop trying to ram it down people's throats.

Man I'm so sick of ESPN. I'm sick of the politics. I'm sick of hearing Dickey V (the most universally hated sportscaster out there) talk about Coach K and Duke........while he's calling BAMA games. I'm sick of having the Red Sox/Yankees rammed down my damn throat nightly.

I know ESPN is about entertainment but dang! It's gotten outragious!

SO WHAT DO YOU THINK OF ESPN?

Like it?

Hate it?

Indifferent?

Verlander pitches for the Tigers, just a correction. :oops:

I can't say I hate ESPN, because I watch it at least 2 hours every day. I don't watch a lot of TV, so when I do it's sports related. ESPN, ESPN2, SportsSouth, TBS, ABC, etc. If it has sports on, I'm more than likely watching it. Although, I can safely say I seriously dislike Skip Bayless, but outside of him I like most of the others. A few are a little blah, but Skip's the only guy who I despise watching (unless Woody is going at it against him, which I never see anymore...)

Dickey V has become so absorbed with Duke basketball that it's making me not like watching him call Duke games. I normally put games on mute anyway because the announcers are beyond ridiculous (Bill Walton anyone?). I'm personally a huge Coach K fan, so I can't say that NOONE outside of Carolina cares. There are a WHOLE lot of North Carolina and Duke fans outside of NC. Plus, it's the most interesting rival in college basketball. I hope that one day Alabama basketball will be half as prestigious as either one of those two schools. That isn't putting our school down, it's only saying how built up they are.

ESPN has a HUGE east coast bias though, especially when it comes to baseball. All you hear is Boston and New York in baseball and of course Barry Bonds, because everyone and their momma likes to bash him, New England and NY(x 2) in football (toss in a little Indy and maybe a few individual mentions [Brett Favre, Michael Vick, etc.]). You NEVER hear anything on the Oakland A's, Seattle Mariners, Giants, Angels, Dodgers, etc. in baseball. That's my HUGEST gripe against ESPN is that they reserve the majority of their shows to east coast teams. I like to see ALL teams. I like to watch the Oakland A's vs. the Los Angeles Angels. I like to watch Justin Verlander vs. Johan Santana. But, I don't get to see much of that minus limited highlights.

Back
Top Bottom