| FTBL Witness testifies he sought to help clear Alabama

I don’t see how his testimony could help clear Alabama. Basically all he said was that he received illegal payments from Wendell Smith and not Keller. He is saying he is not sure if any of the money he got came from Keller, all he knows is that Smith was involved. Though I realize he said that the coaches did nothing wrong, he still says he received illegal benefit, so I don’t see where it helps Alabama that much.

Purpose of this trial is to clear Keller and not to clear Alabama.

It is painfully obvious to anyone willing to look at what was going on at that time that at the very least Logan Young, and most probably other boosters as well - Wendall Smith most notably, were paying recruits and players. Frankly, there is NOTHING any of this getting into a courtroom, where sworn testimony will exist, could do to clear the Alabama name of any stench.

The FACT there were people closely affiliated with our program cheating on our behalf is something we will have to bear (pun unintended). Our innocence is lost forever.

Thanks Logan. Thanks Wendall. Thanks to all the others whose arrogance and ego tarnished a program built on the honesty, integrity, and pride of thousands of others. And thanks to all those (like Mal Moore and Kirk McNair - of bamamag.com) who KNEW about these things and did not take the proper steps to see that the unethical actions were exposed and stopped.

RollTideRandy said:
I don’t see how his testimony could help clear Alabama. Basically all he said was that he received illegal payments from Wendell Smith and not Keller. He is saying he is not sure if any of the money he got came from Keller, all he knows is that Smith was involved. Though I realize he said that the coaches did nothing wrong, he still says he received illegal benefit, so I don’t see where it helps Alabama that much.

Nothing will ever help Alabama, that said, Wendell Smith was a "friend of the family" before Kenny Smith committed to any school. I believe Ken Smith Sr. actually worked at a business owned by Wendell a year before KS Jr graduated. As UT about the "friend of the family" clause in regards to Tee Martin.

All that is now ancient history, as far as Alabama is concerned. I can't see that this testimony helps anyone but Ray Keller.

In the eyes of the NCAA it just did not matter whether the sack of $ came from Ray Keller, Wendel Smith or Logan Young.

psychojoe said:
In the eyes of the NCAA it just did not matter whether the sack of $ came from Ray Keller, Wendel Smith or Logan Young.
Actually, it did matter to the NCAA.

They had to tie the money directly to Young so as to fit the charges into their findings. If they could not link the money to Young, then the 'crime' would have fallen outside their statute of limitations. If they could tie it to Young, then the NCAA could reach the finding that it was just part of a continuing offender exception.

Anyone know anything about the automobile dealer from Phoenix City or Columbus, GA or somewhere in that area - the guy who provided the 'extra benefit' auto to Travis Carroll at near usuary loan terms? I thought he too was going to sue the NCAA, and in my opinion he had the best set of facts to succeed.

alagator said:
psychojoe said:
Actually, it did matter to the NCAA.

They had to tie the money directly to Young so as to fit the charges into their findings. If they could not link the money to Young, then the 'crime' would have fallen outside their statute of limitations. If they could tie it to Young, then the NCAA could reach the finding that it was just part of a continuing offender exception.

Anyone know anything about the automobile dealer from Phoenix City or Columbus, GA or somewhere in that area - the guy who provided the 'extra benefit' auto to Travis Carroll at near usuary loan terms? I thought he too was going to sue the NCAA, and in my opinion he had the best set of facts to succeed.
You speak of Bill Heard.

Back
Top Bottom