| MBB/WBB 🏀 With the A&M loss, Bama finishes the season 16-2 in conference play

Team is not playing its best basketball going into tournament time. I will not be surprised if they go 1 and done in SEC tournament. What happens in the NCAA time will tell. I believe A&M is an average team. SEC may have some major struggles come tournament time. Get a bunch of teams in but fall early and often. This Bama team has potential but they have just struggled since the off court information came out. Can they recenter and refind the momentum? I have my doubts but hope they do.

I gotta say, someone needs to light a fire under Griffen's seat or something, the man hasn't hit a basket in 2 full games he's now 0/18 in the last two games in shots. He's getting wide open looks because teams are letting him shoot now, he's so bad lately they're taking their chances to let him have a wide open 3 look. Oats really needs to get him to take that open space and dribble off it into a layup or two so he can get some confidence going.

0/18 is nearly a third of a whole games shots being automatic misses. Outside of that, the starting 5 really need someone other than Javon Q to draw defenders and pick-up points. Our bench scoring for the last few games has been non-existent outside of JQ.

Lot of issues to fix here and I really would've hoped they'd been fixed before now, same problems we have at stretches. The only good thing is likely will be the home team for the rest of both tournaments until maybe the Final Four or Finals.

We won't likely be dealing with a ton of home cooking anymore, which is what has kept games close, and what TAMU got here to keep us at bay near the end.

From the 11 minute mark, when things started to get close, the Fouls for both sides

Tamu: 3

Bama: 10

If you take the 2 auto fouls at the end away we have 8 fouls in the last roughly 10:30 seconds of the game. Somehow TAMU played a completely clean game while consistently playing hard press defense. I hate to say the officials were the only reason we lost, but they certainly were part of the reason we lost.

Can't tell you how many times I saw a TAMU guy flop or act like a WR trying to get a holding call.

Lot of issues to fix here and I really would've hoped they'd been fixed before now, same problems we have at stretches. The only good thing is likely will be the home team for the rest of both tournaments until maybe the Final Four or Finals.
If they don't take better care of the ball and shoot better, there will be no final four, or maybe even a sweet sixteen.

From the 11 minute mark, when things started to get close, the Fouls for both sides

Tamu: 3

Bama: 10

If you take the 2 auto fouls at the end away we have 8 fouls in the last roughly 10:30 seconds of the game. Somehow TAMU played a completely clean game while consistently playing hard press defense. I hate to say the officials were the only reason we lost, but they certainly were part of the reason we lost.

Can't tell you how many times I saw a TAMU guy flop or act like a WR trying to get a holding call.
Officiating is so bad all the way around, I'm hesitant to blame anything on the officials.

Horrible shooting percentage behind the 3 and overall.
Transition defense was not good.
Turnovers again.
Dumb fouls. Move your feet for goodness sakes.
Being relevant in bb is new for mens basketball and we have to learn to win close games in a hostile environment.
I hope Clowney stays one more year and goes to a top 5 lottery pick. Yes he is very good but there are a few things he needs to improve on.

This is a piss poor Bama basketball team, and that's not an exaggeration. Those awful late 90's Bama squads would mop the floor with this joke of a team. We are fool's gold and have been from the beginning of the season. Get ready to join 2018 Virginia as the only other #1 seed to lose to a #16 seed

Back
Top Bottom