| MBB/WBB đźŹ€ With the A&M loss, Bama finishes the season 16-2 in conference play

It certainly has not helped. They were shooting much better until things came out before the SC game and people like Sears and Griffen have not recovered. Miller's shooting from outside has also not been up to his norms.

I hope so. Physically maybe not but mentally maybe so depending on what they fill their heads with while they are off. They definitely need to be in the gym shooting 3's since that is the difference in Oats system. Shoot well run people out of the gym. Shoot poorly they struggle of course and it is a lot closer which is when the turonvers standout and becomes the difference in a win or loss.
Shooting has turned to shit

5/6 days with the double bye thrown in will help to “recharge” the batteries and refocus on the little things. Our last 4 game stretch was pretty rough between the travel and competition. Team has to expect everyone’s best shot when you’re ranked in the Top 5. I like this side of the bracket as opposed to what it could’ve been. Hopefully, our guys can put the circus of the last month behind them and make a run over the next 3-4 weeks.

I'm sure this info is readily available out there and I just don't know where to look, but I'd love to see a breakdown of Bama's 3 point shots from each "zone" behind the arch. It feels like the corner 3 is by far our lowest make percentage... I just wonder how low. The last month or so, I wouldn't me shocked if you told it was like 7%. Hell, I think guys have stepped OOB more often shooting from there than we have makes lately.

One of the reporters in Oats post game presser said the team was shooting 25-116 from three point range over the last 4 games. Not good at all. Oats with all of his analytics seemed like he did not realize that stat.

One of the reporters in Oats post game presser said the team was shooting 25-116 from three point range over the last 4 games. Not good at all. Oats with all of his analytics seemed like he did not realize that stat.
Not good, but that's unfortunately something we'll have to deal with Oats' style. The pendulum will eventually swing the other way. Even with a loss at A&M (which I attribute to some of it being fatigue), Alabama showed they can win really tough games despite poor shooting performances. If/when the team starts to start banking in shots, then they're obviously one of the best teams in the country.

Turnovers are little more concerning to me. I hope Oats is hammering valuing possessions.

Back
Top Bottom