| FTBL Will this guy ever get his act together?

Maybe we're both being optimistic. 🤷‍♂️

But...I think everyone can agree that sitting out that first year at UTM could have been his wake up call.

I'm having a hard time understanding how he was cutting class at Alabama and Houston, but still graduated in two years time at Tennessee-Martin? One would have to think he didn't leave Alabama with 30 hours, and then leave Houston with 30 hours, only to get 60 hours at Tennessee-Martin. Takes 120 to graduate, correct?

It definitely seems like some help was received regardless of where he came from in high school and study habits. A normal student could never have done this unless they overloaded and took Summer classes on top of it. Just like OldPlayer said, to get accepted as a graduate student that fast, some wheels seem greased here. I'm all for a guy figuring it out, it just doesn't seem like he did it himself in this case.

I'm having a hard time understanding how he was cutting class at Alabama and Houston, but still graduated in two years time at Tennessee-Martin? One would have to think he didn't leave Alabama with 30 hours, and then leave Houston with 30 hours, only to get 60 hours at Tennessee-Martin. Takes 120 to graduate, correct?

It definitely seems like some help was received regardless of where he came from in high school and study habits. A normal student could never have done this unless they overloaded and took Summer classes on top of it. Just like OldPlayer said, to get accepted as a graduate student that fast, some wheels seem greased here. I'm all for a guy figuring it out, it just doesn't seem like he did it himself in this case.
Remember that they attend class year-round. That’s why you see several players graduating “early” and pursuing their Masters degree.

When you pursue a Masters, you usually must take the GMAT (advanced SAT/ACT test). You must also get recommendations and may have to do an interview.

Remember that they attend class year-round. That’s why you see several players graduating “early” and pursuing their Masters degree.

When you pursue a Masters, you usually must take the GMAT (advanced SAT/ACT test). You must also get recommendations and may have to do an interview.

Well when he was dismissed/left the team, was he still attending classes? I assume he left school completely.

Some guys take a little longer to mature/grow up. As a retired educator with 28 years of service, I saw it firsthand so many times. Sometimes, parents rush their child into school and start “their clock” when actually, their date of birth allows for a year delay. My own son, has a May birthday. We held him back for this very reason. Some squawked that his was about athletics, I pointed to maturity. Some can handle it, while others can’t. Happy for him that he has his degree and good luck to him at Michigan. I had hoped he would’ve been shining at UA.

Back
Top Bottom