| FTBL Why all the aTm love?

rammerjammer

Gump 4ever
Staff
Going through the all the teams on the How Many Win's thread has me perplexed.

Granted I have not looked at anyone's roster. With the NIL I can barely keep up with Bama's and I haven't done a good job with that. This is all speculation and just wonder on my part.

Why is aTm getting so much love? I just saw where @Brandon Van de Graaff had OU or aTm beating LSU......which I can see, but do we think that Elko is that good? His biggest win at Duke was an upset of Clemson in year 1. A very good win, but he followed up his first year 9-4 with a 7-5 record in year two. Now he is at aTm. Did aTm open the NIL checkbook like in their first year of existence and buy a team of blue chips?

Looking at their schedule I can see the 8 wins.....but it is aTm. They are always good for an unexpected loss that can ruin their psyche. I know everyone is writing Florida off, but if somehow Napier can have the Gators pumped enough to win at home......I could see that being like the Arkansas game used to be for Bama pre-Saban. That was a make/break your season.

I have them way lower than folks in the thread expressed. I don't see much optimism with their season. Lots left from when they still lost games, so I have no reason to think they shine this year.

I don't really mind A&M (now that Texas is in, that will add some nice drama), but I'd kick Mizzou and Vandy before lunch was over today.
On the road, the Vandy basketball experience is unique. As much as I HATE that place, I LOVE that place.

In 2010 I went to an OU vs Mizzou game. OU lost, on the road, but still. Not a bad stadium or fan base.

Now, get this Brandon.

As I recall, that was also the day that the Giants beat the Phillies 4-2 in the NLC race. Don't hold me to this...but I think I'm right.

Back
Top Bottom