| FTBL Why all the animosity?

JSLayton

Verified Member
Why are LSU fans so pissed about Saban coming to Alabama? I could kind of understand when Spurrier came back from the NFL, but that was because Spurrier WAS Florida football. He made Florida football what it is now. How long was Saban at LSU, like 3 or 4 years? It's like they can't make up their minds whether they wanted him back or not.

Saban: "I'm coming back to college"

LSU: "Ooo Ooo Ooo, we want you back!!!"

Saban: "Nah, I'm going to Alabama"

LSU: "Fine, we didn't want you anyway"

Either he won ya'll a NC or he didn't. Either he's a good coach or he isn't. I get so sick of seeing BeatSaban shirts and posts by LSU fans about how much they hate him now. Can't we think logically for a second?

Who in their right mind wouldn't take a job making 3.5mil? What did everyone want him to do? Turn it down, accept less? It makes me wonder how some peoples minds work sometimes.

Do you remember in high school when your girlfriend broke up with you and started dating some other goofy kid. Can you remember how jaded you felt...kinda the same thing.

Bamatilldeath said:
Do you remember in high school when your girlfriend broke up with you and started dating some other goofy kid. Can you remember how jaded you felt...kinda the same thing.

so are you calling Bama the "goofy kid?" )N(

i think it's more like the analogy of your girlfriend breaking up with you and then dating the high school quarterback-jock. 8)

But that isn't even what happened here....

It was like she left you for another guy, THEN left that other guy for another guy.

Plus, you usually only act that way if, secretly, you want her back, right?

In the years preceding Saban coming to LSU, they sucked. Saban comes and the worst of time turns into the best of times. At that point even LSU gave the credit to Saban.

Saban leaves and LSU has lived with hearing that their continued success is due to what Saban left behind.

Unless a Saban-less LSU dominates a Saban led team, they have no proof that the Glory Days were their's, or Saban's.

If the credit does belong to Saban, then having Saban on the schedule every year will signal hard days once more.

JSLayton said:

It was like she left you for another guy, THEN left that other guy for another guy.

Only if you really do not like the dumb bimbo replacement that you hooked up with off the rebound.

bear facts said:
JSLayton said:

Only if you really do not like the dumb bimbo replacement that you hooked up with off the rebound.

:D

A lot of them remember the way he left LSU during the Christmas holidays. They still hold a grudge due to that.

It's understandable their angst considering he's back in the SEC, back in the same division, and at Alabama at that.

There are two areas where they lose their merits. One, calling him a liar because of the way he left Miami. Miles said he wasn't leaving OSU and took the job at LSU. Secondly, it's the money. He took quite a pay cut this year. 5.5 mil at Miami right? He's not making 3 million this year...it's 2.9 something unless we win championships.

I had a bad run-in with an LSU fan on the airplane. (Bad and hateful fan with lots of anger and bitterness.)

He said "just YOU wait - we have some surprises for little Nicky." What? Is Glenn Dorsey going to play QB? :roll:

It went down hill from there. He said there are only 3 players that Saban recruited even left on the team. (yeah, sure 3, whatever) But, in the same thought he said all of those Saban players hate him so bad they're going to do have a surprise for Nicky as well. :shock:

The surprise talk continued. Finally I reminded him that Saban didn't leave LSU for Alabama...ooops, didn't score points there. :D I tried a few bits of logic here and there, but the effort was in vain. It will not be pretty Sat. night.

They absolutely hate the very man that got them to where they are.

Sandra, I've lived in Louisiana for almost 30 years. Even had LSU season tickets for a while. There's one thing you can take to the bank. The concept of logic is lost on most LSU fans.

Had one tell me that Saban was gonna leave us like he left them and break our hearts. So why does he care about that? Guess he's just a caring individual. I told him that if Coach Saban left our next coach (Applewhite?) in as good a shape as he left Lester, I'd pat him on the back, shake his hand, and wish him well.

It all boils down to fear.

BamaDelta said:
I had a bad run-in with an LSU fan on the airplane. (Bad and hateful fan with lots of anger and bitterness.)

He said "just YOU wait - we have some surprises for little Nicky." What? Is Glenn Dorsey going to play QB? :roll:

It went down hill from there. He said there are only 3 players that Saban recruited even left on the team. (yeah, sure 3, whatever) But, in the same thought he said all of those Saban players hate him so bad they're going to do have a surprise for Nicky as well. :shock:

The surprise talk continued. Finally I reminded him that Saban didn't leave LSU for Alabama...ooops, didn't score points there. :D I tried a few bits of logic here and there, but the effort was in vain. It will not be pretty Sat. night.

Gee, he's so mature, isn't he? I'm sure he's privvy to the interworkings of Les Miles' mind and knows exactly what surprises await "little Nicky." Sheesh!;sh

CrimsonPirate said:
BamaDelta said:

Gee, he's so mature, isn't he? I'm sure he's privvy to the interworkings of Les Miles' mind and knows exactly what surprises await "little Nicky." Sheesh!;sh

CP, you hearing any of this stuff going on down there? Crazy rumors are all over the LSU boards right now.

Back
Top Bottom