| NEWS Who's Taking Leadership on Offense for Alabama Football? - Sports Illustrated

B

Bama News

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — When you lose Bryce Young, you lose more than just the quarterback. The completions, yards and touchdowns are important — but there was something else there.

Leadership.

Now with Young off to the NFL, that void must be filled — so who's it going to be?

"I think there's quite a bit of guys on offense that are contributing to the development, the kind of chemistry and character that we like to have on the offensive side of the ball," Alabama head coach Nick Saban said.

Saban has seen a particular group stepping into that role — the offensive line.

"The offensive line has probably done the best job on our team of creating the kind of toughness, kind of intangible, kind of character we like our team to play with," Saban said. "There's [Tyler] Booker, JC [Latham], the two centers — all of those guys I think have done a really good job impacting it."

That's not the only group, however.

"I think the way the running backs play — the competitive character they play with impacts a lot of people on the team," Saban said.

How about a player?

"I think Kendrick Law is one of those guys that's kind of tough, hard-nosed, play-hard guy all the time," Saban said. "I think he impacts the receiver group."

It's only April, but it's good to hear there are already guys that want to step up and lead the team that lost all three of its captains from a season ago.

Back
Top Bottom