| FTBL Who's in your top 10 for the RTB pre-season top 10? Who do you think will be in the AP poll to start the season?

1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. Georgia
4. Oklahoma (weak conference)
5. Clemson (weak conference and a lot to prove)
6. Ole Miss
7. USC
8. Texas A&M
9. Michigan
10. Arkansas (leap of faith)

1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. Georgia
4. Oklahoma (weak conference)
5. Clemson (weak conference and a lot to prove)
6. Ole Miss
7. USC
8. Texas A&M
9. Michigan
10. Arkansas (leap of faith)
We'll have to come back to this when their poll comes out. Here's my opinion of yours:

OU is too high, Clemson a notch low, Ole Miss and USC won't be in there, and neither will Arkansas.

The AP is going to favor Oregon over USC in spite of the love Riley is receiving. Ole Miss and Arkansas will be ranked but it would be very unlike the AP voters to put either in the top ten: they don't have the cache yet.

I think they'll view A&M as a #5.

Notre Dame will get some love in the poll partly due to the same type "love affair" they have with Riley but they'll show it with Freeman. He's got a better roster with the Irish than you'll find at USC.

I'll agree with Michigan but #9 seems low to me.

Oh, and I'm thinking we see two PAC teams to start the season: let's not forget the Utes.

Just guessing here...but I'd fill out the top five with the three mentioned earlier followed by Clemson then A&M. I can see OU, UO, and UU tightly grouped from 8-10.

You missed "the media are idiots" part. ;) :)
I gotta give them a little credit, sorta.

They'll spend a lot of time talking about how tood the UGA defense was last season and all they players they'll miss. Then look at the depth on defense.

As much as they've missed things in the past they won't miss Will Anderson. Some might not talk about Dallas, but others will talk about Henry T.

We'll have to come back to this when their poll comes out. Here's my opinion of yours:

OU is too high, Clemson a notch low, Ole Miss and USC won't be in there, and neither will Arkansas.

The AP is going to favor Oregon over USC in spite of the love Riley is receiving. Ole Miss and Arkansas will be ranked but it would be very unlike the AP voters to put either in the top ten: they don't have the cache yet.

I think they'll view A&M as a #5.

Notre Dame will get some love in the poll partly due to the same type "love affair" they have with Riley but they'll show it with Freeman. He's got a better roster with the Irish than you'll find at USC.

I'll agree with Michigan but #9 seems low to me.

Oh, and I'm thinking we see two PAC teams to start the season: let's not forget the Utes.

Just guessing here...but I'd fill out the top five with the three mentioned earlier followed by Clemson than A&M. I can see OU, UO, and UU tightly grouped from 8-10.

I'll be honest, I typed that while I was talking in a Teams meeting, ha ha. I definitely feel Oklahoma was way too high, but I seriously went blank when thinking of teams I felt would be ranked that high and with a schedule/conference they could manage. These were my rankings, not what I felt the AP would have. I totally forgot about Oregon and Notre Dame. Ha Ha, that's pretty funny. yes, I would probably bump Arkansas and put Notre Dame in that #10 spot. I really don't even like Clemson at #5, but their weak schedule has me thinking they will be a bounce back story for the media, and they still have a talented roster, sort of like Oklahoma.

I'll be honest, I typed that while I was talking in a Teams meeting, ha ha. I definitely feel Oklahoma was way too high, but I seriously went blank when thinking of teams I felt would be ranked that high and with a schedule/conference they could manage. These were my rankings, not what I felt the AP would have. I totally forgot about Oregon and Notre Dame. Ha Ha, that's pretty funny. yes, I would probably bump Arkansas and put Notre Dame in that #10 spot. I really don't even like Clemson at #5, but their weak schedule has me thinking they will be a bounce back story for the media, and they still have a talented roster, sort of like Oklahoma.
That's the fun of trying to think how the media is going to see teams. Who knows what they'll look at to make their rankings. Take Clemson. They'll think about what they said a year ago and go with that and with A&M they'll look at the signing class and go from there. Two different criteria's.

I'd think they'll put ND at least at #7.

I don't know how they'll look at Gabriel at OU other than it'll through a defensive coach's perspective.

Back
Top Bottom