Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Miss. St.

• Arkansas

• Total voters

vatz22au

Verified Member
So who will win the SEC west this year? With Alabama getting back on track from the slumps of probation...This year will be one of the most competitve years for the SEC West.... LSU has the talent to win a NC this year, but Auburn & Alabama both have teams that could win games and get to Atlanta.

I said LSU. They have the talent and a QB that, while inconsistent, is experienced. They have great WRs and a solid defense. That, combined with Auburn breaking in a new offensive backfield and Bama still recovering, leads to a narrow LSU win.

Of curse, I am hoping for a different outcome. No matter who wins, no team will go undefeated, I don't think.

KnownByTheCompanyYouKeep said:
I said LSU. They have the talent and a QB that, while inconsistent, is experienced. They have great WRs and a solid defense. That, combined with Auburn breaking in a new offensive backfield and Bama still recovering, leads to a narrow LSU win.

Of curse, I am hoping for a different outcome. No matter who wins, no team will go undefeated, I don't think.
I think it's pretty unlikely that a SEC team will go undefeated this year. Should make for an interesting season.

I voted Bama

A) Cause I'm a Homer :D

B) I think with any type of offensive production, we can ride our defense to a SEC west title.

It's going to be a close call.

Auburn and Alabama both had very good D's last year, and should see little to no fall off (I actually think Bama's may be a little better). Auburn has to rebulid the entire O backfield, but there's a lot of talent there to work with. Alabama has to rebulid an O line, but has a veteran QB that has the potential to be all-EC if he remains healthy. Same can be said for Darby IF he returns at 100% and can stay healthy for the seson. He has all-SEC potential at RB.

LSU has talent across the board, but I want to see how quickly Miles gets his system implemented, and how quickly he adjusts to SEC style play.

I think a strong case can be made to predict anyone of the three (Alabama, Auburn or LSU) to win the west.

And, likeK23 said, it will suprise me if any West team makes it through with out at least one conference loss.

My heart tells me Bama, but with losses to probably UT and LSU and maybe to Florida or Auburn I don't know. I think the west winner may have 2 losses but no way three losses.

BamaDelta said:
My heart tells me Bama, but with losses to probably UT and LSU and maybe to Florida or Auburn I don't know. I think the west winner may have 2 losses but no way three losses.
Has anyone ever won a conference division with three losses? I am too lazy to look it up but it seems like it has happened once or twice. I agree that the SEC West champ could have two losses easy.

7733.jpg

Bama All the WAY. LSU has talent but kinda shakey in the qb slot. The best thing there is that two are competing for pt and will go 110% every chance they get. No injuries, a start like Brodie had last year, consistency from Darby and Castille, and the Top notch Defense from T-Town & we'll have a chance to breakout from our little down time.

ROLL TIDE ROLL

I definately think its a 3 team race here and I'd have to give LSU the lead at this point. They have mountains of talent in Baton Rouge.

AU lost a lot. They will probably recover and have a solid season but losing the 3 players on offense that they did will hurt.

Bama has probably as good a shot as anyone right now, providing they stay healthy.

I do think that LSU will come out ahead in the end but I don't see them going undefeated. I think it will be tight with LSU, AU and Bama all finishing within a game or two of each other.

The West's winner will finish with something like a 9-2 record is my prediction.

Back
Top Bottom