| FTBL White Bama uniform.

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
1707843926375.png
I remember when CRP bought them back. I really wanted to see them in all white. The first away game was the Penn St game. It was on TV and because Penn St helmet was white, Bama had to wear the Crimson helmet.

I've said before, and I'll stick with it... I'm a traditionalist and Bama's uniforms are in a special category. I'd be 100% ok with an occasional (once every 4 or 5 years or so) throwback game where they wear the white helmets. Would look incredible vs. Tennessee in Knoxville.

I’m in the boat with @OldPlayer and @TerryP !! The white helmets are a reminder to some less than stellar seasons and we don’t need 50 combinations of Crimson and White, with grey, or black or even pink!! If some recruits need that, let their ass go play dress up somewhere else!!
It's almost like someone trying to give you a free, autographed jersey: it's the #54. Then you look at the back and it's DuBose.

I remember the "old days" when we wore the white helmets, even before coach RP. I agree with the others, not a fan of changing our uniforms even though the white helmet looks good. We are a blue blood college football program that is on a very short list of top programs. We do not need to change our uniforms at all. @rick4bama I do appreciate the photo and also know you were not trying to stir up any controversy by posting the picture. Thanks for sharing.

The thing is....The UofA program doesnt not belong to an AD or HC from a far away land...it belongs to those you suited up or the people that have loved and cherished and supported it... its our program... many will come and go....but we..boosters n fans are here to stay...hot or cold.... some will give alot...and earn their way in .... but have to earn it...with love and dedication.... my valentine message today......

The older I get the more I like white helmets in general. So yes, I support bringing back the white helmet on occasions, but only with the home crimson jerseys. White helmets with white jerseys is just too much white. So crimson helmets away, white helmets with home jerseys on select occasions.

Back
Top Bottom