| FTBL Which teams suck?

porkchop said:
VaTech appears to be coming into the season way overated. Luckily for them, the media will spin the whole "national tragedy card" and make them look good in the end. The fact that it is total BS shouldn't matter. It never has before.

The media has presented a win/win scenerio for the Hokies. If they win big this year, it should be praised above all because they had an emotional barrier to overcome. If they lose big this year(and they will because they are only an average team) it's because they couldn't overcome the emotional barrier.

I'm going to sound like an A-hole with what I'm about to say, but whatever. The Virginia Tech shooting earlier this year was a horrible event. I'm sure they had some emotions to deal with since April. As bad as that is, it's nothing compared to what LSU had to overcome in 2005 with Hurricane Katrina. LSU didn't have months to deal with the issue before the season started. They had DAYS!!! They had to deal with the worst natural disaster in the history of the United States. Even with all that, they still finished 11-2 on the season in the toughest conference of college football. So the national media will have to forgive me if I don't "take it easy" on the Hokies because of a campus shooting that took place almost 5 months ago.

It was a horrible massacre. I really feel bad for all the people directly affected by the shootings, but it should NOT be a crutch for a vastly overrated team.

Argo said:
porkchop said:
VaTech appears to be coming into the season way overated. Luckily for them, the media will spin the whole "national tragedy card" and make them look good in the end. The fact that it is total BS shouldn't matter. It never has before.

The media has presented a win/win scenerio for the Hokies. If they win big this year, it should be praised above all because they had an emotional barrier to overcome. If they lose big this year(and they will because they are only an average team) it's because they couldn't overcome the emotional barrier.

I'm going to sound like an A-hole with what I'm about to say, but whatever. The Virginia Tech shooting earlier this year was a horrible event. I'm sure they had some emotions to deal with since April. As bad as that is, it's nothing compared to what LSU had to overcome in 2005 with Hurricane Katrina. LSU didn't have months to deal with the issue before the season started. They had DAYS!!! They had to deal with the worst natural disaster in the history of the United States. Even with all that, they still finished 11-2 on the season in the toughest conference of college football. So the national media will have to forgive me if I don't "take it easy" on the Hokies because of a campus shooting that took place almost 5 months ago.

It was a horrible massacre. I really feel bad for all the people directly affected by the shootings, but it should NOT be a crutch for a vastly overrated team.

Ha, but Miles did it with Saban's players. Well said Argo.

GoodScotch said:
V-Tech looked overwhelmed by the speed. I think they were overrated, as with most of the teams in the ACC. Tyrod Taylor will be a good one down the road because he is very quick and smooth. Without sounding like too much of a homer, LSU really impressed me last night, especially Brandon Lafell establishing himself as a solid #2 wide reciever. We will not play that well every week, and the SEC will make for some very tough games down the road. Overall, it was a great statement made on national tv for Miles and company.

They impressed me. I am terrified of facing them this year. That defense is insane. Is VT overated? Yes. Is LSU that good.....? I think they have the best football club in the nation. That senior class (all recruited by Coach Saban) is amazing.

Swamptick said:
GoodScotch said:
V-Tech looked overwhelmed by the speed. I think they were overrated, as with most of the teams in the ACC. Tyrod Taylor will be a good one down the road because he is very quick and smooth. Without sounding like too much of a homer, LSU really impressed me last night, especially Brandon Lafell establishing himself as a solid #2 wide reciever. We will not play that well every week, and the SEC will make for some very tough games down the road. Overall, it was a great statement made on national tv for Miles and company.

They impressed me. I am terrified of facing them this year. That defense is insane. Is VT overated? Yes. Is LSU that good.....? I think they have the best football club in the nation. That senior class (all recruited by Coach Saban) is amazing.

While they do look like a great team, LSU will once again lose a game that they should probably win. This season's spoiler? None other than South Carolina. Yes. You heard it here first. The Tigers will suffer their first loss of the season to the Ole' Ball Coach.

"While they do look like a great team, LSU will once again lose a game that they should probably win. This season's spoiler? None other than South Carolina. Yes. You heard it here first. The Tigers will suffer their first loss of the season to the Ole' Ball Coach."

We will see. I like Spurrier a whole lot, but who doesn't? I will hold you to that pick. :lol:

LSU SUX
Tennessee SUX
Florida Sux
South Carolina SUX
Kentucky SUX Vanderbilt SUX
Georgia SUX

LSU Really Sux
Auburn Really SUX
Arkansas Really SUX
Mississippi Really SUX
Mississippi State Really SUX

and every other team in every other confrence SUX

Argo said:
porkchop said:

Argo, you summed up my thoughts completely (and then some :lol: ) while putting them in much better context than I could have. Good reply and I don't think you're an A-hole for having said that. I knew you were one before-hand so it's all good. :lol: :wink:

Seriously though, I'm sooooooo sick of our media. I'm tired of the whole politically correct, feel-good BS that's pushed down our throats on a daily basis. It's like watching the national championship game and we're subjected to specials on how Vince Young fell off his tricycle, scraped his knee, and it changed his life....at age 9. Or how Matt Leinhart ordered wheat bread instead of white bread in the cafateria one day while at school and then realized he wasn't racist. It's stupid bullsh** that is rammed down our throats during sporting events and it's nothing more than an indication of the society we live in.

Anyone that believes that the vast majority of these VaTech players and coaches were effected by those shootings is living in an alternate reality. The only effect most of them probably feel is relief. Relief that it was someone else. Stop the bullsh*t parade already.

VaTech is an average team at best. But we'll be seeing a lot of them on t.v. this year since that is one of the "feel-good" stories about overcoming. :roll: :roll: :roll:

GoodScotch said:
"While they do look like a great team, LSU will once again lose a game that they should probably win. This season's spoiler? None other than South Carolina. Yes. You heard it here first. The Tigers will suffer their first loss of the season to the Ole' Ball Coach."

We will see. I like Spurrier a whole lot, but who doesn't? I will hold you to that pick. :lol:

A shamecock win over LSU would be torture for us that live in SC. They'll talk even more about how they're the real USC. They talk like they have a storied tradition & are BCS bowl regulars. I can't believe the stuff South Carolina fans say on sports talk radio. It would blow your mind.

porkchop said:
Argo said:
porkchop said:

Argo, you summed up my thoughts completely (and then some :lol: ) while putting them in much better context than I could have. Good reply and I don't think you're an A-hole for having said that. I knew you were one before-hand so it's all good. :lol: :wink:

Seriously though, I'm sooooooo sick of our media. I'm tired of the whole politically correct, feel-good BS that's pushed down our throats on a daily basis. It's like watching the national championship game and we're subjected to specials on how Vince Young fell off his tricycle, scraped his knee, and it changed his life....at age 9. Or how Matt Leinhart ordered wheat bread instead of white bread in the cafateria one day while at school and then realized he wasn't racist. It's stupid bullsh** that is rammed down our throats during sporting events and it's nothing more than an indication of the society we live in.

Anyone that believes that the vast majority of these VaTech players and coaches were effected by those shootings is living in an alternate reality. The only effect most of them probably feel is relief. Relief that it was someone else. Stop the bullsh*t parade already.

VaTech is an average team at best. But we'll be seeing a lot of them on t.v. this year since that is one of the "feel-good" stories about overcoming. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Tell us how you really feel pork...

Back
Top Bottom