| FTBL Where is Shaun going?

G

I have not heard anything recently with regard to where Shaun Alexander will play next. The last I heard was that his agent was talking with Cincinnati, his childhood favorite as I understand. Does anyone have any fresher news?

I know he came to New Oleans for a visit but left with no contract. I think it was a mistake by the Saints considering Deuce is coming back from his second major knee injury and is not sure if he'll be ready.
There's talk he may visit Denver. I doubt anything gets done till the middle of training camps. The picture on teams become alot clearer then, with injuries and such.

kudzu said:
...I doubt anything gets done till the middle of training camps. The picture on teams become alot clearer then, with injuries and such.

I hate that for him, not knowing where you are you are going to be living in a few weeks. Its even worse than waiting to be drafted.

I'm sure he will make it $omehow, $omeway. :)

Right LBS, he'll manage, :lol:
I think some of it will have to do with what he believes his role will be. Most teams won't be willing to give him starter money so I think that will be a big factor in where he signs.

Denver may host Alexander

The Denver Broncos have expressed some interest in free agent running back Shaun Alexander and could wind up bringing him to Denver for a visit. Denver's interest appeared to be more preliminary, yet it represented a third potential team interested in Alexander's services, joining the Cincinnati Bengals and New Orleans Saints.

Source: NFL.com

My guess is many teams are waiting to see how much attrition occurs in when mini-camp starts. If you see a number one or strong number two back go down in the preseason, expect Shaun to be a likely candidate for the job. Until then, I don't know that he'll get any serious takers.

I feel good about Shaun's future and predict it to be much like Marshall Faulk's... the Colts traded him to St Louis after struggling a bit with injuries (toe if I recall). Where he ended up leading the league in yards one year and ended up with a Super Bowl ring in the process...while Shaun does not have Faulk's speed, I think their running style and elusiveness compare....my 2 cents.

Denver would be a good fit. I think he'd look good in Pittsburgh as well. He'll find a home somewhere. I doubt very seriously he'll be a starter for much longer, if at all. I see him as a great role player. He could help develop some of the young running backs in the league as well. Imagine Dallas' future with Shaun Alexander tutoring Marion Barber...or the Saints with Bush, for that matter.

Back
Top Bottom