| MBB/WBB Where does this Rammer Jammer rank among the all time greats?

It's just me, I guess, but I have never been one to participate, or appreciate in, any kind of gloating, boasting, or 'in your face' kind of actions after winning in anything. That being said, I do maintain the option of exceptions, such as A*, UTn, ND, any school that had beaten Bama in a previous matchup, and any school that threatens the success of a Bama Championship run. This game last night was a good game, and Houston, imo, deserved a little more respect than having 'We just beat the hell out of you' yelled at them as they are leaving the court. I thought that was a very good competitive game, and if the ball had bounced just a frog's hair closer to being inside the 'cylinder, the gane would have gone their way. Are you not entertained! But that's just me. Winning is great, winning with Class is fantastic, and should be a BAMA trademark. Coach Bryant was big on class, iirc. And please understand, I'm not suggesting doing away with it, it just seems there are times when it is definitely appropriate, and other times when appreciation of a great effort by the opponent is justified.
Flame away!

ROLL TIDE!

It's just me, I guess, but I have never been one to participate, or appreciate in, any kind of gloating, boasting, or 'in your face' kind of actions after winning in anything. That being said, I do maintain the option of exceptions, such as A*, UTn, ND, any school that had beaten Bama in a previous matchup, and any school that threatens the success of a Bama Championship run. This game last night was a good game, and Houston, imo, deserved a little more respect than having 'We just beat the hell out of you' yelled at them as they are leaving the court. I thought that was a very good competitive game, and if the ball had bounced just a frog's hair closer to being inside the 'cylinder, the gane would have gone their way. Are you not entertained! But that's just me. Winning is great, winning with Class is fantastic, and should be a BAMA trademark. Coach Bryant was big on class, iirc. And please understand, I'm not suggesting doing away with it, it just seems there are times when it is definitely appropriate, and other times when appreciation of a great effort by the opponent is justified.
Flame away!

ROLL TIDE!
No, not just you. Many of us older guys don’t relate to this as well. Sadly, most of the 18-22 college folks have no idea what you are talking about. What I would prefer is to applaud the other team‘s effort as they exited the building. That would be the “class” that Coach Bryant spoke of.

I also am no fan of rammer jammer....
Never have been... dont like taunting....
I like players helping other players on opposing teams up...
....shaking hands....

Ms50+ loves staying and joining....in rammer jammer...lol
I-never have...never will...

Last night was a little more of a taunt due to the actions of their team on OUR court towards OUR players and the refs. They played a great game, but were also running their mouths a lot. Quinnerly is more of a quiet guy that just goes about his business, but was part of a couple back and forths after some chatter from Houston.

I have zero issue with Rammer Jammer because it's an old fight song of honor for our program. It was created in a time where there wasn't always malicious intent and people's feelings weren't hurt by every word. It was a sign of school pride and just a good competitive way to celebrate a win.

I am not a fan of how edgy and cool the students think they are when they add all the extra words to Dixieland Delight. Society has them thinking it's the coolest thing ever to cuss and say the f-word. Sure, I say it and other words, but watch my mouth in the vicinity of kids and women. To me it's tacky to cuss just to cuss and think that everyone hearing it is somehow impressed with you or thinks you're cool. It's an admitted bad habit of mine using cuss words as well, so I am dogging myself here as I need to get better about it.

But with Rammer Jammer, I don't think the intent was ever there for the chant through the many years it's been used, but I can see where in today's world it's used more as a taunt. Auburn using it against us was weak as they should get their own material, but I digress. It would never be a thing had Houston not ran after the refs and continued to try and get to them.

Last night was a little more of a taunt due to the actions of their team on OUR court towards OUR players and the refs. They played a great game, but were also running their mouths a lot. Quinnerly is more of a quiet guy that just goes about his business, but was part of a couple back and forths after some chatter from Houston.

I have zero issue with Rammer Jammer because it's an old fight song of honor for our program. It was created in a time where there wasn't always malicious intent and people's feelings weren't hurt by every word. It was a sign of school pride and just a good competitive way to celebrate a win.

I am not a fan of how edgy and cool the students think they are when they add all the extra words to Dixieland Delight. Society has them thinking it's the coolest thing ever to cuss and say the f-word. Sure, I say it and other words, but watch my mouth in the vicinity of kids and women. To me it's tacky to cuss just to cuss and think that everyone hearing it is somehow impressed with you or thinks you're cool. It's an admitted bad habit of mine using cuss words as well, so I am dogging myself here as I need to get better about it.

But with Rammer Jammer, I don't think the intent was ever there for the chant through the many years it's been used, but I can see where in today's world it's used more as a taunt. Auburn using it against us was weak as they should get their own material, but I digress. It would never be a thing had Houston not ran after the refs and continued to try and get to them.
It looked like a packed house all in unison

Does anybody remember when Rammer Jammer was played before the game? When it was, the words were a little different with “we’re gonna beat the Hell out of you” prior to the game and “we just beat the Hell out of you“ after the game.

The school stopped the pregame version due to sportsmanship concerns.

I also am no fan of rammer jammer....
Never have been... dont like taunting....
I like players helping other players on opposing teams up...
....shaking hands....

Ms50+ loves staying and joining....in rammer jammer...lol
I-never have...never will...
I can remember some games, just when we started playing all of our big games in Tuscaloosa, we sang "We're gonna..." before the games. A UT game in particular didn't go well.

Does anybody remember when Rammer Jammer was played before the game? When it was, the words were a little different with “we’re gonna beat the Hell out of you” prior to the game and “we just beat the Hell out of you“ after the game.

The school stopped the pregame version due to sportsmanship concerns.
I find no "mere coincidence" in who was living in the President's mansion and this.

I'm thinking there are a few here that wouldn't be caught dead wearing a pair of athletic shoes with dress pants even if it was a pair of Nike Cortez Forest Gump's.

I need a Venn Diagram adding "shorts in church are an abomination."

Back
Top Bottom