| FTBL Whats the scoop on Maze ?

There was a long pass to Maze against Kentucky that if maze had caught (PASS WAS PERFECT) he would have scored. Maze is awesome, but I've seen him miss a few passes he should have caught too.

Nate said:
There was a long pass to Maze against Kentucky that if maze had caught (PASS WAS PERFECT) he would have scored. Maze is awesome, but I've seen him miss a few passes he should have caught too.

Nate, I just watched the replay of the game. Maze had both defenders by a yard or so then hung out just waiting for the ball to get to him. I mean he was wide open. By the time JPW got the ball to him the defenders caught up to him and knocked it incomplete. Maze was literally on an island waiting for the ball to fall from the sky.

Maybe Maze ran too fast (if that's possible), maybe he ran faster that day that JPW expected. I don't know. I just know the ball didn't get to Maze when he was wide open.

BamaDelta said:
Nate said:

Nate, I just watched the replay of the game. Maze had both defenders by a yard or so then hung out just waiting for the ball to get to him. I mean he was wide open. By the time JPW got the ball to him the defenders caught up to him and knocked it incomplete. Maze was literally on an island waiting for the ball to fall from the sky.

Maybe Maze ran too fast (if that's possible), maybe he ran faster that day that JPW expected. I don't know. I just know the ball didn't get to Maze when he was wide open.

That's the pass I was talking about. I'm thinking that JP didn't notice how wide open Maze was until it was too late.

Argo said:
BamaDelta said:
Nate said:

That's the pass I was talking about. I'm thinking that JP didn't notice how wide open Maze was until it was too late.

Yep, 7 points poof....I think those are the kinds of things Saban was referring to about putting them away the other day. We just couldn't do the things to "shoot the bullet instead of dodge the bullet".

Argo said:
BamaDelta said:
Nate said:

Timing issue combined with not used to hitting Maze with his speed. Those things only get worked out with practice...and a lot of the time it has to be game situations before the two really start to gel.

TerryP said:
Argo said:
BamaDelta said:
Nate said:

Timing issue combined with not used to hitting Maze with his speed. Those things only get worked out with practice...and a lot of the time it has to be game situations before the two really start to gel.

That is where BC was definitely a better QB. He could hit a receiver in stride 50 yards downfield.

Big_Fan said:
TerryP said:
Argo said:
BamaDelta said:
Nate said:

That is where BC was definitely a better QB. He could hit a receiver in stride 50 yards downfield.

The Prothro catch in '05 against UF, BC said he saw Pro with 2 steps on the defender and just threw it as far as he could. Pro just ran to the ball.

I remember thread after thread about Brodie over-throwing balls that were deep.

Given the choice of the two, when I consider on and off the field situations, I'd pick JPW every time.

But, in a way, that may not be fair b/c BC wouldn't have "gotten away" with the things he did if Saban was coaching him.

That said, he had his choices, and he alone made them.

Brodie not only over threw them, but often times were out of bounds by a yard or two. I cant remember what game it was but I think he completed five fifty yard passes to Triandos Luke that were a yard out of bounds.

TerryP said:

Given the choice of the two, when I consider on and off the field situations, I'd pick JPW every time.

But, in a way, that may not be fair b/c BC wouldn't have "gotten away" with the things he did if Saban was coaching him.

I think if BC had not run his mouth so much he might have had better blocking in the auburn game. :)

Rolling Tide said:
TerryP said:

I think if BC had not run his mouth so much he might have had better blocking in the auburn game. :)

That's the truth...

Back
Top Bottom