| FTBL What's the greatest college football rivalry?

anyone who doesnt believe that alabama vs. auburn is'nt the biggest rivalry in college football... just come down here for a year and live it, then you'll see...

This was put so well by another poster:

I hate to be in a position defending anything related to Auburn, even the Iron Bowl, but a Michigan fan once explained the primacy of the M-tOSU rivalry to me by stating that it was like having the two nastiest guard dogs on the block in neighboring yards, barking at each other every day all year long, and how could anything top that?

"Easy," I said, "put 'em in the same yard."

MDBtrumpet04 said:
This was put so well by another poster:

I hate to be in a position defending anything related to Auburn, even the Iron Bowl, but a Michigan fan once explained the primacy of the M-tOSU rivalry to me by stating that it was like having the two nastiest guard dogs on the block in neighboring yards, barking at each other every day all year long, and how could anything top that?

"Easy," I said, "put 'em in the same yard."
Nice! :D :ele ;w;w

I know a guy that was raised up north and is a big Michigan fan. He said he always thought the UM/OSU game was the best rivalry in football. Until he moved to Alabama. Now he knows the Iron Bowl is way bigger.

To me the Tennessee game is equally as important as the Iron Bowl. Because of my feelings towards Fulmer, if I was told we could win only one of the two per year, but I could pick the one, I'd pick the Tennessee game.

psychojoe said:
To me the Tennessee game is equally as important as the Iron Bowl. Because of my feelings towards Fulmer, if I was told we could win only one of the two per year, but I could pick the one, I'd pick the Tennessee game.

Me too, but Auburn is a very close second.

Unlike some rivalries through the years that have been great but have stumbled recently such as University of Miami and Florida State University. Alabama - Auburn & Meeeeeechigan - OSU have survived and you will generally see a classic contest each year.

I also like to see USC & UCLA... the cheerleaders are prime cut. SoCal is a breeding ground that America should take pride in.

Lastly with the Iron Bowl 2007, I want to see the second coming of CN$ in an Italian silk suit with expensive Italian shoes and a game face trolling the sidelines giving Tommy T. the drubbing he so richly deserves...

IMO while I hate Tennessee it's a situational rivalry, it won't nearly be as heated once Fulmer is gone but Auburn will always be as heated and looked forward to than any other game.

Back
Top Bottom