| FTBL What's the deal with Caldwell

bamabarney said:
He is not playing and the University is investigating something on him I didn't hear the whole story by Eli, does anyone know?

We've got 5 players suspended for this game. Caldwell, Coffee, Davis, Marquis Johnson and Chris Rogers. It's called "improper receipt of textbooks."

TerryP said:
bamabarney said:
He is not playing and the University is investigating something on him I didn't hear the whole story by Eli, does anyone know?

We've got 5 players suspended for this game. Caldwell, Coffee, Davis, Marquis Johnson and Chris Rogers. It's called "improper receipt of textbooks."

Well that's just great. :evil:

TerryP said:
bamabarney said:

WOW! Unreal! :roll: I'm sure the NzAA will make sure we almost face the death pently!

I wouldn't be too quick to jump to conclusions on this. The school found out about it Thursday and the players were suspended yesterday.

It's an institutional thing...

TerryP said:
I wouldn't be too quick to jump to conclusions on this. The school found out about it Thursday and the players were suspended yesterday.

Yes, we don't need to presume they are guilty. But if they did what they are accused of, it was incredibly stupid and they really let their teammates down.

bamatommy said:
TerryP said:

Yes, we don't need to presume they are guilty. But if they did what they are accused of, it was incredibly stupid and they really let their teammates down.

Before we declare any "stupidy," do any of us know exactly what "improper receipt of textbooks" really means?

reger60 said:
bamatommy said:
TerryP said:

Before we declare any "stupidy," do any of us know exactly what "improper receipt of textbooks" really means?

We'll get more details on this soon. As to your question, I can only assume that they were either given some of their textbooks or someone purchased them for the players. Again, that is just a guess...

The reason I said not to jump to conclusions about it isn't against the notion of the reporting of this to the SEC office and the NCAA. It's been reported already to both...

I suspect it'll be something they'll let the University handle in house.

TerryP said:
reger60 said:
bamatommy said:
TerryP said:

We'll get more details on this soon. As to your question, I can only assume that they were either given some of their textbooks or someone purchased them for the players. Again, that is just a guess...

The reason I said not to jump to conclusions about it isn't against the notion of the reporting of this to the SEC office and the NCAA. It's been reported already to both...

Im getting bad feelings already

TerryP said:
reger60 said:
bamatommy said:
TerryP said:

Agreed Terry. I think this is a case of us being proactive with discipline on a very minor situation.

Back
Top Bottom