| FTBL Whats an average day for a BAMA player?

Southern Bama

Verified Member
Just curious if anyone could offer some insight on what a players average day during the week would consist of...regarding how much practice time is put in, gamefilm, strength & cond..and all that balanced with the academics. As much as I keep up with football, I have never known how hard these guys actually work, and it must be a heck of a schedule to maintain.

When I was there during the late 80's early 90's, your classes were scheduled in the mornings, you ate lunch, then went over for workouts and meetings/film. About 3:00 you went to the practice field till about 6:00. This was Monday thru Thursday.Friday being travel day with non travel having 6am practice/conditioning on that morning until 7:30.

On NCAA09 I have classes in the morning, practice M-F, go to the library on Monday night, hit the gym Tues and Thurs, go to the library on Wed night, hit the playbooks the night before the game. :D

Southern Bama said:
Just curious if anyone could offer some insight on what a players average day during the week would consist of...regarding how much practice time is put in, gamefilm, strength & cond..and all that balanced with the academics. As much as I keep up with football, I have never known how hard these guys actually work, and it must be a heck of a schedule to maintain.

There is no easy answer to this...what one player does, another can't due to class schedule. Different units meet at different times, different schedules for each day of practice...a lot of variables.

If there is one thing I can assure you, it's spelled out for each player...down to specific times. Just as an example, in the summer camp (before classes began) it was literally set down to

6:45 Wake up
7:00 Breakfast
7:30 Player Treatment/Staff meeting
8:30 Individual group meetings
11:00 Lift
12:00 Lunch...

And so on...

And, I'll add one thing.

You'll hear some comments from the guys that I simply don't believe. One of them is when they review film and start game prep. I've heard, on more than one occasion, them comment on when they start looking at game tape (review and previews) and I've known we've already started breaking down film of our next opponent a day before they said "we haven't started looking at it yet." Don't ask me why they say that...I'm assuming to avoid having to answer questions about it during interviews.

TigerBait3 said:
BAMA JAMMA said:
On NCAA09 I have classes in the morning, practice M-F, go to the library on Monday night, hit the gym Tues and Thurs, go to the library on Wed night, hit the playbooks the night before the game. :D
:D :D

Im assuming you easily won state too?

:D

Well of course! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom