| FTBL What was up with DJ on the sideline in the second half.

Saban addressed this in his post game radio interview. He had an aggravated injury (and I can't remember where - maybe the collar) and they wanted to rest it and evaluate it and not take any chances. I personally commend both Saban with DJ and Nutt with McFadden on protecting the players and putting them first when both teams needed those playmakers. I know a coach on the other side of the State that doesn't do that......oh, I forgot, an entire coaching staff and medical team had no idea their player was ill.

Kanjweld said:
Saban addressed this in his post game radio interview. He had an aggravated injury (and I can't remember where - maybe the collar) and they wanted to rest it and evaluate it and not take any chances. I personally commend both Saban with DJ and Nutt with McFadden on protecting the players and putting them first when both teams needed those playmakers. I know a coach on the other side of the State that doesn't do that......oh, I forgot, an entire coaching staff and medical team had no idea their player was ill.

Thanks...I assumed with almost 200 yds. in receptions it wasn't an attitude thing. Our best player of the night out at the end and we still win with JPW, Caddell, McCoy and company. :)

Alright then. Why did he come out in that last series and not even catch a ball or even get it thrown his way if indeed he was hurt or sore or stiff. I don't know it just seems funny to me. They take out DJ and we do nothing on offense and they put him back in and we march right down the field. Didn't coach pull Grant last week for something he claimed he wasn't doing or didn't like. Don't get me wrong I love my team like no other but I just can't understand it sometimes. O.K. I got to say something about it. The other night I was watching Sports Center and Holtz said something to the effect of, It was not up to the University to give the networks a good close game. Almost like it was mandatory that in order to be televised on their network it had to be a good close game to boost ratings. I don't know maybe it was just me reading too much in to it but the look on some of the other guys faces sort of summed it up.

Crimson Tide said:
Alright then. Why did he come out in that last series and not even catch a ball or even get it thrown his way if indeed he was hurt or sore or stiff. I don't know it just seems funny to me. They take out DJ and we do nothing on offense and they put him back in and we march right down the field. Didn't coach pull Grant last week for something he claimed he wasn't doing or didn't like. Don't get me wrong I love my team like no other but I just can't understand it sometimes. O.K. I got to say something about it. The other night I was watching Sports Center and Holtz said something to the effect of, It was not up to the University to give the networks a good close game. Almost like it was mandatory that in order to be televised on their network it had to be a good close game to boost ratings. I don't know maybe it was just me reading too much in to it but the look on some of the other guys faces sort of summed it up.

don't even go there. that's absurd! :roll:

Crimson Tide said:

Decoy.

Crimson Tide said:

you seriously need to get that out of ur head right now....

as to DJ, it was his quad that he aggrivated. no disciplinary problem. he was in the game on the last drive as simply a decoy, and damnit did it work. they HAD to double him up, they way he had burned them throughout the game they had no choice but to double him and that in turn allowed Caddell, Brown, Oakley, & McCoy make some huge grabs in the end.

Crimson Tide said:

No way! thats ridiculous :x

Crimson Tide said:

It is time to stop being so pesimistic about our coaches ability to asses a critical moment in a game.
CNS showed his care for his player(s), prepared ALL OF THEM to compete for ALL 60 MINUTES, & put them in a position that they've practiced over & over.

FINALLY, 'BAMA is back to showing it's MENTAL TOUGHNESS that has been lacking for some time. ROLL TIDE ROLL

BornBama said:
Crimson Tide said:

Decoy.

Exactly and it worked well.

Back
Top Bottom