| FTBL What was the best team Alabama ever beat?

A&M in ‘12
I played a quick nine yesterday: back nine at Crowfield. On #16/#7 ...202 to the middle, 195 to the flag, wind blowing out over the water.

Now. I could toe down a 5i, run it like I'm playing a links course in England, or throw a 7H up in the air and let the wind do it's thing. The beauty of that...just watching the ball drop due to the wind.

I pull the 7H, and ended up in the water. I was +1 going into 7.

I went into the tee box at 8, +4. I beat myself.

There's this notion that "beat themselves" is an excuse. But damn. It's a reality.

The 1990 win vs @Tennessee...has to rank near top...TN was ranked near top of cf...

As does 84 win vs AU...late in game..au down 17-15 and Dye goes for 4th n 1 at bama 1 instead of kicking fg...for win. ....biggest blunder in series

But go with 92 win vs defending NCs and HT winner at QB... Miami... and the WeSlammaBama fraternity ....in Sugar bowl for national championship .few gave bama any chance

I was being a smart ass: but not to that much of a degree.

IE: LSU, '11 with the missed field goals.
IE: Ole Miss, '15, with some of the craziest bounces I've seen in my life.
You thought I was being a smart ass? Interesting. I don't possess the pull on this site to earn that moniker. Just submitting a poser was all I was doing. Sorry you took it as being a smart ass, it was not my intention.

ROLL TIDE ANYWAY!

I played a quick nine yesterday: back nine at Crowfield. On #16/#7 ...202 to the middle, 195 to the flag, wind blowing out over the water.

Now. I could toe down a 5i, run it like I'm playing a links course in England, or throw a 7H up in the air and let the wind do it's thing. The beauty of that...just watching the ball drop due to the wind.

I pull the 7H, and ended up in the water. I was +1 going into 7.

I went into the tee box at 8, +4. I beat myself.

There's this notion that "beat themselves" is an excuse. But damn. It's a reality.
I feel your pain. I've usually beat myself after #1. :p

Back
Top Bottom