What type of TV

I'm a big fan of Panasonic Plasma's - currently have 3 of them.

Owned a LCD for a few years and didn't care for it that much, but suffered thru it because of the size (65" deal off woot.com). Last year, we rearranged the main living area, and moved the TV to a built in cabinet, so had to downsize from 65" to a 50", tried out a Samsung LCD and didn't care for it, took it back to Costco and ordered a Panasonic Plasma 3D model (don't own any 3D glasses though).

2 of our 3 Panasonic's have wifi in them (the new one is built in, the other one is with a USB network adapter). We don't really use the features that often, but there are times when we watch something on Amazon Prime TV.

Mostly stream movies from an iTunes device, so don't use the wifi option on the TV that often, I have Apple TV's on the TV's.

I have one LED 60" Samsung that is awesome. Has all the apps and wifi. Most of that is ok. It is really helpful if you use hulu or netflix. With a PC you can sync up and stream directly from you device to your TV. If you have a windows based/google/samsung/android type phone you can do it from that device. I have 4 LCD TV's and they are pretty good.

Rule of thumb is Plasma is better than LCD in bright rooms. LED seems to be the latest and greatest. My LED is in a bright room and does great. It also has all the light sensing capability to dim down or brighten up based off ambient light. Apps do well and there is an SEC app that you can do on the Samsung TV and watch old games and get the latest weekly news from the SEC digital network. One issue I did have was having the wifi router close enough to the TV. When we moved into the two story, it made me move the router so that it got better signal.

If you want to come over and check it out sometime, let me know. Also the LED is 3D too. That is cool when watching movies.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom