| FTBL What is just me getting irritated at Cat Whithill?

G

As I was watching my beloved Tide on the tube, the shameless plugging of the Womens US soccer teams Cat Whithill kept giving her 'Bama rundown'. In the 4th quarter no doubt!! I kept yelling at the T.V...shut the #$%^ up so I can watch the game!

Was this totally absurd or what?

Bamatilldeath said:
As I was watching my beloved Tide on the tube, the shameless plugging of the Womens US soccer teams Cat Whithill kept giving her 'Bama rundown'. In the 4th quarter no doubt!! I kept yelling at the T.V...shut the #$%^ up so I can watch the game!

It wasn't just you, I felt the same way, and what really irked me was when she was asked about being a Bama fan and she goes on to explain that her dad was a Florida fan, her mom, a Georgia fan, and her sister, an Auburn fan, and that she pulled for the Crimson Tide when those teams weren't playing them, or something to that effect. A "true" Bama fan wouldn't give a blank who dad, mom, sis, bro, wife, or hubby pulled for.

Like you said, it was nothing more than a ploy to promote the upcoming Women's US soccer match.

And did you noticed with Blackledge's sidekick, regardless of who was running the ball for Bama, he always said it was Terry Grant? Dang that guy should be named Dave, too. :roll:

Bamatilldeath said:

Same thing here who the hell cares about soccer when the tide is playing! :lol:

bear facts said:
And did you noticed with Blackledge's sidekick, regardless of who was running the ball for Bama, he always said it was Terry Grant? Dang that guy should be named Dave, too. :roll:

Well, that's what happens when you fill up on Scotch and quaaludes all day before a broadcast :drk .

Optimus said:
Bamatilldeath said:

Same thing here who the hell cares about soccer when the tide is playing! :lol:

Who cares about soccer period? ...I mean BESIDES communists and third world refugees.

ESPN is now billing themselves as ESPN Prime Time. I think that stuff was fluff for the ladies watching the game. The mute button is a great thing.

Oh yeah, I HATED that!!!
I'm a woman who's all for women TIDE fans, but shut the hell up during the PLAYS!!!
I was screaming at the TV when she was talking.
AND I HATE SCOCCER, too!
ROLLLLL TIDE!

bigalspal said:
Oh yeah, I HATED that!!!
I'm a woman who's all for women TIDE fans, but shut the hell up during the PLAYS!!!
I was screaming at the TV when she was talking.
AND I HATE SCOCCER, too!
ROLLLLL TIDE!

Great point. I bear no ill will towards soccer players, but as far as something I'll sit down and watch, I am more entertained by going to a laundromat and watching the clothes tumble around in the dryer, or watching paint dry. It may not be bad to watch this in person, but it is absolutely the most colossally boring televised sport that there is.

Soccer is brutally boring. I have found it does serve as a good springboard into "real" sports because it is easy to understand the rules, builds stamina, speed and coordination and keeps illegal immigrants busy for several hours on the weekend.

wtf..

And if I remember right she said she only roots for Bama when they aren't playing a list of other teams (all of which are SEC.) So, fuck her, who cares about her.

How could somebody who only roots for Bama when they don't play their biggest rivals get on ESPN to talk about Bama football?!? wtf?!

P.S. Edited to say unlike some people in this thread, I actually like soccer, so it had nothing to do with that. I have no idea who she is, she may be great at soccer... but I do know that from what I gathered by what she said -- she isn't a Bama fan.

Back
Top Bottom