| FTBL What Freshman will have the biggest impact?

What freshman will have the greatest impact on the 2006 Alabama football team?

• Mike McCoy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Earl Alexander

• Terry Grant

• Andre Smith

• Total voters

Johns381

Verified Member
Well I understand that most of the freshmen are now on campus and taking part in Summer II here at the University of Alabama. So the question has sprung in my mind....What Freshman will have the greatest impact on the field this year? I am thinking it may be Javier Arenas, I love this guys quickness. As a return man this guy could help us big time with those moves he has. But Andre Smith, if he is in shape at start of fall practice, could have a huge impact on the O-line. What are your thoughts?

i have to go with javier arenas or andre smith... if they both start at some point in the year they will both be huge contributors.

I chose Andre, but not because he'll be the boxscore buster every week. Some of the kids like Arenas (hopefully) will get the noteriety and the headlines every week and let players like Andre do their jobs in obscurity.

In my opinion, the less you hear about players like Andre, the better. If the kid is making the blocks and opening the holes then you will hear a lot more about Darby than you will about Andre. That's fine with me too.

I personally think that Andre will make the biggest impact on th team as a freshman. That's not to say that he'll be the most gloryfied player at year's end, but if he can come in and contribute and contribute well, then it's just gravy from there on out.

Having a player like Arenas returning kicks and doing well is important, but having someone like Andre on the offensive line and contributing is even better IMHO.

I agree about IF Andre starts....I'm just really worried that unless he is a lot better than Capps they won't start him. Capps has had a year of college playing time and that is huge. I really hope Andre comes in and starts then we don't hear anything about him. That means he is doing great....unless he does like Chris Samuels from a few years ago when his man never got to the QB...that would be really cool.

ROLL TIDE FOREVER AMEN said:
Porterhouse said:
I chose Andre Smith... but I think Arenas has a chance to make a very big impact as well.

You really think Andre will start? Or at least rotate in enough? Omg we might be able to rotate O-Lineman. Heck that there is a breath of fresh air in itself.

Yes, by the 4th or 5th game, I think he will be starting.

Rivals had an article related to this question and they say AS will be the man at LT by the 3rd game and I think so also but he will not be the impact player IMO.. I think JA the speedy and elusive kick returner will impact more games than AS will just because last year after TP went down I would just hold my breath on every punt cause we fumbled just about every single one of them... I watched alot of film on JA and he was recruited just to return kicks and if you have a rivals subscription check him out its like watching TP but maybe faster...

Personally I think JPW is the key to this whole year, if he can complete some passes and keep the defenses honest then KD will set alot of records and BAMA will roll. All he needs to do is throw the short passes accurate and the TE must be an option for the first time in what seems like forever. If I was CMS I would throw the bomb at least once in the first series to show the defense that we are not gonna just ground and pound even if thats what we need to do..

I agree about IF Andre starts....I'm just really worried that unless he is a lot better than Capps they won't start him.

I would think that Andre is going to get his share of snaps even early on. Of course none of us can predict what will happen months from now but assuming Andre plays to his potential I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him sharing a starting spot (if not taking one over outright) by mid-season. Just a guess anyway.

As much of a Man Child as I expect Andre Smith to be, it's just hard for me to pick an incoming OL man to be a huge impact player. I think he will possibly get some PT early, and possibly take over a starting spot before the season is over, but I just can't pick him as a huge impact yet.

I'm going with Terry Grant. I think this kid is going to turn some heads on special teams as a return man and possibly a head hunter on coverage teams.

And as others have mentioned, Earl Alexander if he moves to WR pretty soon after practice starts.

Bama Bo said:
As much of a Man Child as I expect Andre Smith to be, it's just hard for me to pick an incoming OL man to be a huge impact player. I think he will possibly get some PT early, and possibly take over a starting spot before the season is over, but I just can't pick him as a huge impact yet.

I'm going with Terry Grant. I think this kid is going to turn some heads on special teams as a return man and possibly a head hunter on coverage teams.

And as others have mentioned, Earl Alexander if he moves to WR pretty soon after practice starts.

I saw some of Terry Grant's film (this morning) and I was thinking the same thing. The kid has some quickness and great vision.

Back
Top Bottom