| FTBL Western Carolina Folks say, Bama ain't Man enough for Ga!!!!

Bamalee1

Verified Member
“I think Georgia is a little more skilled than Alabama,” Western Carolina coach Kent Briggs.

“Alabama was great,” quarterback Todd Spitzer said, “but Georgia was faster and stronger.”

I guess Bama should just cancel the game now huh

Did anyone take notice that Oklahoma State got beat by Troy on Saturday?

When Georgia beat OS, isn't that the game where everyone was saying, "Man, UGA looked good against a good Oklahoma State team"

Here's the full article.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/absolutenm/templates/college.aspx?articleid=21653&zoneid=140

Catamounts say Georgia is better than Tide
Sunday, September 16, 2007

By John Frierson
Staff Writer

ATHENS, Ga. -- When Alabama and Georgia tangle in Bryant-Denny Stadium this Saturday, nobody will have a better feel for how that game could go than Western Carolina.

The Catamounts were coach Nick Saban's sacrificial lambs in a 52-6 season-opening loss at Alabama in Saban's debut. And Saturday, Western Carolina was on the receiving end of a 45-16 Georgia thrashing at Sanford Stadium.

"That should be a good game, but I think Georgia should win," said WCU quarterback Todd Spitzer, who completed 6 of 10 passes Saturday for just 16 yards before giving way to backup Adam Hearns. "In my opinion, Georgia is bigger and faster and a lot stronger."

Having seen firsthand what each team has to offer, though the circumstances were rather different, Catamounts coach Kent Briggs and defensive end Jeff Bradley agreed that the Bulldogs -- who have won more games than any other SEC team during the past five seasons -- were the tougher opponents.

"I thought Georgia was a much more physical team, and I thought they had a little bit better athletes," said Briggs, whose team has lost 12 straight games.

Bradley said one of the big differences between the two teams is the way they moved the ball on offense. He said Alabama attacked the Catamounts more side to side, while Georgia pressed the issue downfield more often. In the end, the Crimson Tide racked up 575 yards of offense, while the Dogs had 362.

"They're both tough teams, but I thought the way Georgia went after us was a little bit more difficult to deal with," said Bradley, who finished with four tackles and nearly came up with a momentum-swinging fumble recovery in the first quarter that could have put the Catamounts up 7-3.

Still, the game was tied at 3 after the first quarter and Georgia led 24-9 at the half. In Tuscaloosa on Sept. 1, the Tide jumped out to a 24-3 halftime lead and steamrolled the Catamounts from there.

The mood at Georgia was a bit different since the Dogs were coming off last week's loss to South Carolina, and the players and fans didn't seem too motivated. The crowd was announced as 92,746, but the upper deck was never full and more than a third of the crowd was gone by halftime.

Georgia picked up the pace a bit in the second quarter, scoring 21 points, and showed its versatility on the ground and through the air with touchdowns in the third quarter.

"Alabama can go out there and match up with them (better than the Catamounts did)," Briggs said, "but I think Georgia is the more skilled team overall."

Uh yeah...read the bold. Of course they are going to say the team they keept up with, is the better team. :roll:

Tider 27 said:
Here's the full article.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/absolutenm/templates/college.aspx?articleid=21653&zoneid=140

Catamounts say Georgia is better than Tide
Sunday, September 16, 2007

By John Frierson
Staff Writer

ATHENS, Ga. -- When Alabama and Georgia tangle in Bryant-Denny Stadium this Saturday, nobody will have a better feel for how that game could go than Western Carolina.

The Catamounts were coach Nick Saban's sacrificial lambs in a 52-6 season-opening loss at Alabama in Saban's debut. And Saturday, Western Carolina was on the receiving end of a 45-16 Georgia thrashing at Sanford Stadium.

"That should be a good game, but I think Georgia should win," said WCU quarterback Todd Spitzer, who completed 6 of 10 passes Saturday for just 16 yards before giving way to backup Adam Hearns. "In my opinion, Georgia is bigger and faster and a lot stronger."

Having seen firsthand what each team has to offer, though the circumstances were rather different, Catamounts coach Kent Briggs and defensive end Jeff Bradley agreed that the Bulldogs -- who have won more games than any other SEC team during the past five seasons -- were the tougher opponents.

"I thought Georgia was a much more physical team, and I thought they had a little bit better athletes," said Briggs, whose team has lost 12 straight games.

Bradley said one of the big differences between the two teams is the way they moved the ball on offense. He said Alabama attacked the Catamounts more side to side, while Georgia pressed the issue downfield more often. In the end, the Crimson Tide racked up 575 yards of offense, while the Dogs had 362.

"They're both tough teams, but I thought the way Georgia went after us was a little bit more difficult to deal with," said Bradley, who finished with four tackles and nearly came up with a momentum-swinging fumble recovery in the first quarter that could have put the Catamounts up 7-3.

Still, the game was tied at 3 after the first quarter and Georgia led 24-9 at the half. In Tuscaloosa on Sept. 1, the Tide jumped out to a 24-3 halftime lead and steamrolled the Catamounts from there.

The mood at Georgia was a bit different since the Dogs were coming off last week's loss to South Carolina, and the players and fans didn't seem too motivated. The crowd was announced as 92,746, but the upper deck was never full and more than a third of the crowd was gone by halftime.

Georgia picked up the pace a bit in the second quarter, scoring 21 points, and showed its versatility on the ground and through the air with touchdowns in the third quarter.

"Alabama can go out there and match up with them (better than the Catamounts did)," Briggs said, "but I think Georgia is the more skilled team overall."

Uh yeah...read the bold. Of course they are going to say the team they keept up with, is the better team. :roll:

It makes them sleep better at night thinking that they have improved that much.

Back
Top Bottom