| FTBL Well....um... Dubose wants in

• Thread starter imported_porkchop
  • Start date
I

imported_porkchop

bamabarney said:
who knows he might surface somewhere as an assisstant, but I doubt he will ever be back on the capstone.

I think he has an app for the Crimsonnett coaching squad. Mybe it was the assist.coach for the womans gym team? :shock:

Let's face it. He is/was a great defensive coach. I still hold some hard feelings against the guy. But he is a football coach. He will get a shot somewhere. Probably not in the SEC, but he will land a coordinator job. Probably in the C-usa or something like that.

rolltide65 said:
Let's face it. He is/was a great defensive coach. I still hold some hard feelings against the guy. But he is a football coach. He will get a shot somewhere. Probably not in the SEC, but he will land a coordinator job. Probably in the C-usa or something like that.

I wouldn't doubt seeing him resurface somewhere like the MWC or Con-USA. I do think that eventually he'll get another shot as an assistant. Anyone from a major university that hires him for the main job though is completely insane. His tenure at BAMA was marked not only by his off the field troubles, but by complete and utter incompetence as a head coach in dealing with his staff and players.

I totally agree that he was a joke as a Head Coach. He started the downward plunge that we have been in since Stallings left. But he will get a shot somewhere. He has to good of a football mind. He just seemed to make stupid decisions as the head guy.
I wish him the best. But think about this. You want to face his def. on a yearly basis. Think about this before you answer. He had some of the best Def. in the nation when he was the coordinator. But I don't think we have to worry about it unless we start playing Memphis State, or BYU again.

He had some of the best Def. in the nation when he was the coordinator.
He was only DC for one season before he took over as head coach in '97. All he did was not screw up what Bill Oliver built. IMO, the jury is still out on him as a DC on the major college level. That being said, he spoke at a coaches clinic I attended this summer and I was very impressed with him. He seems to have really grown as a person and a coach.

DuBose has several years as a d-line coach in the NFL on his resume. Certainly he was abysmal as a head coach, but you don't work in the NFL as a coach if you are incompetent. He came back to Bama, as I recall, as part of the elite coaching staff that was assembled for Gene Stallings.

I don't think that he had a clue about what was going on regarding the issues with the NCAA, and that is sufficient reason that he shouldn't ever be a head coach again.

I personally would like to see him return to a major college to be a assistant.

This makes me think of a interesting question though. Has there ever been a head coach fired but returned as a assistant?

yea my high school had/has to play Luverne every year. he got alot of boos lol.

but i wouldnt mind seeing him coaching the DL back at Bama again. he was a good Defensive Line Coach and good Defensive Coordinator but horrible head coach.

He might return to a Div I type school, but it won't be in Alabama. The reason he is at Milsaps College is because the pension/retirement that state employees receive is based off of your years of service. Your retirement check will be based/averaged off of something like the last 10 years or 5 years of service. (not sure of the exact number) anywho...He wants to leave his salary from the university in that window so that his retirement check will remain higher. Hence he left Luvurne to go to Milsaps.

rolltide65 said:

I hear the University of Memphis is looking for a few good assistants.

Back
Top Bottom