| FTBL Weds: 10/16- Saban's Pre-Ole Miss Press Conference

What was Saban asked at the end when he told the media member that "When your the head coach of your own football team, then you can do what the hell you want to do."

Just a guess...

It seemed Ian was asking more questions about the Wing-T offense because if you notice his (Saban's) response he was talking about how the "Wildcat" is more spread out and then there are the end of this presser was talking about player distribution as well.

I don't make a thing out of Saban's remark about "when you are a head coach..." You can look at his facial expression and tell he's just having a little fun.

Good press conference, especially the first part talking about the similiarities between the Wing-T and the "Wild/Hog/Cat/Rebel" formation.

It was a very good press conference. You just get the feeling that the guy is ready for almost anything and that he is preparing the team accordingly. Very reassuring.

TerryP said:
Just a guess...

It seemed Ian was asking more questions about the Wing-T offense because if you notice his (Saban's) response he was talking about how the "Wildcat" is more spread out and then there are the end of this presser was talking about player distribution as well.

I don't make a thing out of Saban's remark about "when you are a head coach..." You can look at his facial expression and tell he's just having a little fun.

Good press conference, especially the first part talking about the similiarities between the Wing-T and the "Wild/Hog/Cat/Rebel" formation.

I was on the right track...it was Ian, it was more about the Wing-T and the "Wild Hog/Cat/Rebel" formation...

[EDITED AT 10:06 a.m.: One thing I forgot was the segment as Saban was leaving the podium. I asked him how long it would take to put in a scheme like the WildRebel and he said not that long because you wouldn't have to adjust the blocking scheme. Then I happened to mention how much I love the option, and jokingly said that might be the answer for his team. His response: When you become a head coach, you can run that. Good times.

Back
Top Bottom